Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Things to do in Doha when you're...

Things to do in Doha when you're...

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:02 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to do in Doha when you're...

Dead drunk - possibly.

Looks like I'm going to have the pleasure of visiting Doha again for a week or two next week. I hope it works out better than last time, when I had to buy some nunks and a shirt because I had only gone for the day and the client asked me to stay overnight.

So, I'll probably need to find something to do of an evening, other than ordering room service. Suggestions would be very welcome.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:15 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do in Doha when you're...

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Dead drunk - possibly.

Looks like I'm going to have the pleasure of visiting Doha again for a week or two next week. I hope it works out better than last time, when I had to buy some nunks and a shirt because I had only gone for the day and the client asked me to stay overnight.

So, I'll probably need to find something to do of an evening, other than ordering room service. Suggestions would be very welcome.
Hmmm well if ure looking for pubs theres a couple. Rydges Hotel Rooftop is a nice one. Paloma in the Intecon is also nice. Sheraton has a good rooftop one as well(cant remember the name). The Pearl exclusive club at the Marriot is VERY nice. Hmmm where else. Garveys is a british pub, cheaper than others, very britishy if u know what I mean. Rugby club as well. The Library at the Ramada and theres another one as well downstairs cant remember the name. All the hotels have nice bars.

Restaurants too???
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

My friend LittleJimmy went to Doha and all I got was this lousy tshirt...

Last edited by shoushou; Oct 23rd 2006 at 4:46 pm. Reason: I was in a hurry...
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:16 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
My friend LittleJimmy went to Doha and I got was this lousy tshirt...
Tshirt???? we only do topless here.....
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
Tshirt???? we only do topless here.....
Sounds good to me!

Restaurants - reasonably-priced and good quality would be nice!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:45 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Sounds good to me!

Restaurants - reasonably-priced and good quality would be nice!
Hmmmmm ok......errrr well Extremely good Indian at Bukhara. Excellent Italian at The Mint and Ciao on Salwa Road,Italian Job at the Ramada. Hmmm Mariott has an as much as u can eat seafood n fish buffet and free booze from 6pm to 8pm for the price of 110 qr. Very good too. Theres a new Argentinian Steak House. I havent been but heard good things about it. Moon Palace, Korean and Japenese Food. Omg so many restos I have not been to. Loads of arabic n Lebanese restos. Layali a good one on Salwa Road as well. Hmmm then theres the usual crap like Ponderrosa, Asiana ect etc. Not bad, excellent value for money. Crepaway is a good one as is Benningans, Fudrockers, Johnny Rockets etc etc

Loads loads more depending wot u like and wot in the mood for
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:57 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Topless - reasonably-priced and good quality would be nice!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:23 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Naughty boy...

Thanks, malteser. I actaully had the buffet thing at the Marriot last time I was over (I was staying there) and it was pretty good.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:36 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Naughty boy...

Thanks, malteser. I actaully had the buffet thing at the Marriot last time I was over (I was staying there) and it was pretty good.
Ure welcome. Anything else u need to know let me know...
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:40 am
Excess Baggage

Ure welcome. Anything else u need to know let me know...
Well that was good. Couldn't find a room in Doha for love nor money! Maybe next week!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:37 am
Melts in your Mouth

Well that was good. Couldn't find a room in Doha for love nor money! Maybe next week!
U kidding???
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:46 am
Excess Baggage

U kidding???
No, I ain't kidding. Do I look like I'm kidding.

I tried a lot of hotels and got other people to try hotels and they are all booked up this week. Not only are the Asian Games coming up, there is some big conference on this week.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:52 am
Melts in your Mouth

No, I ain't kidding. Do I look like I'm kidding.

I tried a lot of hotels and got other people to try hotels and they are all booked up this week. Not only are the Asian Games coming up, there is some big conference on this week.
Ahhh Typical...

Have a maids room u could borrow..
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:16 pm
Excess Baggage

Ahhh Typical...

Have a maids room u could borrow..
OK. But do you have the outfit to go with it?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:23 pm
Melts in your Mouth

OK. But do you have the outfit to go with it?
Sure the complete gear..

Stop dreaming Jimmy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.