Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is there free parking at Abu Dhabi airport?

Is there free parking at Abu Dhabi airport?

Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there free parking at Abu Dhabi airport?

I remember someone once telling me that there was some land next to AD airport where you can leave your car for free. Is this true? Do you get parking fines? And where is it exactly?

Thanks

if not, what is the cheapest place to park?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there free parking at Abu Dhabi airport?

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
I remember someone once telling me that there was some land next to AD airport where you can leave your car for free. Is this true? Do you get parking fines? And where is it exactly?

Thanks

if not, what is the cheapest place to park?
Its just before the paying car park, off to the right, if that makes sense but its usually quite full, so don't rely on it. In this weather why bother, Take a cab?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

driving from dubai cos the flights are 1/3 of the price from AD
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

driving from dubai cos the flights are 1/3 of the price from AD
ah right, Dont rely on the free parking lot as you could find its full, and then you will have no choice but to put it in the paying car park and its very expensive.

Got any friends in AD that you could park outside their house and then take a cab to the airport?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

this is what i did last time but when im only visiting my boyfriend in Qatar for a weekend it adds an annoying 45mins to my journey!

maybe the only option.....
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

this is what i did last time but when im only visiting my boyfriend in Qatar for a weekend it adds an annoying 45mins to my journey!

maybe the only option.....
if your good looking you can park your car at my house near the airport. My wife leaves for the UK soon, so id rather not pay for company...
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

people park in the car park that is meant to be used for the park, but you will not find any space there, so you would have to pay for the car parking, which is quite expensive, its usually cheaper to get a return taxi than pay for the car parking, if you can leave the car outside someones house in ad then the taxi fare would only be around 75 dhs from town to airport.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
people park in the car park that is meant to be used for the park, but you will not find any space there, so you would have to pay for the car parking, which is quite expensive, its usually cheaper to get a return taxi than pay for the car parking, if you can leave the car outside someones house in ad then the taxi fare would only be around 75 dhs from town to airport.
um did i not post that? Do you not read all the replies before you make a reply?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
if your good looking you can park your car at my house near the airport. My wife leaves for the UK soon, so id rather not pay for company...
lol I was going to post"ask commander for a car spot" thought better not!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do, but added that actually its not a free car park for the airport its actually for the park that is next door and did you mention anything about the cost of taxis from town, no, didnt think so, so not actually the same as you.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:58 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
um did i not post that? Do you not read all the replies before you make a reply?
I do wonder that about you Bizzy???

You did the same on the school fees thread as if your corroboration of what one poster says(in that case, Meow) makes it more credible...why do you do that?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do, but added that actually its not a free car park for the airport its actually for the park that is next door and did you mention anything about the cost of taxis from town, no, didnt think so, so not actually the same as you.
and does everyone in AD live in town....err no.

Jeez BB2 you are a post count whore...

just gotta comment..
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

erm without going back to that thread not sure what you are exactly on about, but no worries. i was just adding more information as there is no free parking at ad airport etc etc etc but then i would be repeating myself yet again
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

I suggest you read the whole thread again or do you have problems with reading as well grammar and punctuation
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commander
and does everyone in AD live in town....err no.

Jeez BB2 you are a post count whore...

just gotta comment..
no i know that not everyone lives in town, duh i dont.

dont give a monkeys chuff about post counts.

so i am just commenting too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.