Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Are there any black women in Abu Dhabi?

Are there any black women in Abu Dhabi?

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Fake Tan Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any black women in Abu Dhabi?

Hi,

A friend of mine (black girl, white husband) told me at lunch the other day that they would not be able to come and visit me in AD, as she was black, and not really welcomed there.

Is this really true? I have to say, I don't remember seeing any black women in AD, but then I wasn't really looking!

Anybody know?

Sam x
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any black women in Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by Fake Tan Queen
Hi,

A friend of mine (black girl, white husband) told me at lunch the other day that they would not be able to come and visit me in AD, as she was black, and not really welcomed there.

Is this really true? I have to say, I don't remember seeing any black women in AD, but then I wasn't really looking!

Anybody know?

Sam x
would be very surprised if she has any problem. is she british?
i know of a few black american and british families in the dhabi..
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:52 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

This is not true. It may even be idiotic but still it is untrue.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dago
This is not true. It may even be idiotic but still it is untrue.
What is untrue?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

Big Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant future

Hi,

Anybody know?

Sam x
Depends if she is wearing the costume. Plenty of black women over here but normally look like ninjas!

Reckon she should **** the begruggers and do what she wants !

Normal people don't give a ****
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Anybody know?

Sam x
what kind of question is this....
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
Huh???
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday evening, my coffee coloured wife and daughter went to collect a parcel from Aramex (they couldn't find our villa) and she was asked if, as the housegirl, she had my permission to receive it...before you ask, no she forgot to wear her jewellery and Georgio Armani outfit...just thought I would mention it as I know most of you guys think that racism here is a myth.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yesterday evening, my coffee coloured wife and daughter went to collect a parcel from Aramex (they couldn't find our villa) and she was asked if, as the housegirl, she had my permission to receive it...before you ask, no she forgot to wear her jewellery and Georgio Armani outfit...just thought I would mention it as I know most of you guys think that racism here is a myth.
Last time I went to collect a parcel from my old company's PO Box I was asked whether i was the Managing Director? Prejudging racist bar stewards!

and LH its horrible it happened to your daughter and I think everybody on here knows that racism exisists here. The whole structure of society is built on it.
Whites will never be as good a locals. Indians never as good as Whites. Southern Indians never as good as northern Indians etc etc
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
here we go again....no I don't think racism here is a myth.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

here we go again....no I don't think racism here is a myth.
MH is right - it isn't a myth, but most of us don't subscribe to those ideas and won't pander to the morons that do.

Fake Tan Queen - your friend won't find signs at the Abu Dhabi border saying 'No Blacks' - it's not the Deep South, you know. If she meets prejudice that is the problem of perpetrator and she shouldn't make it hers.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Last time I went to collect a parcel from my old company's PO Box I was asked whether i was the Managing Director? Prejudging racist bar stewards!

and LH its horrible it happened to your daughter and I think everybody on here knows that racism exisists here. The whole structure of society is built on it.
Whites will never be as good a locals. Indians never as good as Whites. Southern Indians never as good as northern Indians etc etc
Hi

Good post and that sums up the country
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:26 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Meow
MH is right - it isn't a myth, but most of us don't subscribe to those ideas and won't pander to the morons that do.

Fake Tan Queen - your friend won't find signs at the Abu Dhabi border saying 'No Blacks' - it's not the Deep South, you know. If she meets prejudice that is the problem of perpetrator and she shouldn't make it hers.
yeah...couldn't have said it better...
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I really hate the term Black to describe people of colour
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by annacarna
I really hate the term Black to describe people of colour
So what would you prefer, 'coloured'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.