Thank you

Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Thank you

Hi all , Just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help and advice over the last 6 months from questions i have asked , to reading your replies to others. I am finally about to move , job sorted , flight booked, accommodation done deal , so as long as i don't have TB or any other dissaproved nasties lurking within me i should be a Doha newbie by the end of August.

In the words of Columbo "theres just one more thing"
I was wondering if there was any further advice you could give me based on your previous experience, any things i need to do before i leave the UK (don't worry , in regards to pubs, Cornish pasties and dancing in the rain , im on it)

Basically anything with hindsight that you wished you knew before upping sticks and feel that might be relevant to me it would be very much appreciated.

If not thanks once again , and i hope to meet some of you in Doha next time you organise a get together

cheers
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you

Good luck! And it's nice to see someone come back and thank those who helped out, I'm sure they appreciate it
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
Hi all , Just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help and advice over the last 6 months from questions i have asked , to reading your replies to others. I am finally about to move , job sorted , flight booked, accommodation done deal , so as long as i don't have TB or any other dissaproved nasties lurking within me i should be a Doha newbie by the end of August.

In the words of Columbo "theres just one more thing"
I was wondering if there was any further advice you could give me based on your previous experience, any things i need to do before i leave the UK (don't worry , in regards to pubs, Cornish pasties and dancing in the rain , im on it)

Basically anything with hindsight that you wished you knew before upping sticks and feel that might be relevant to me it would be very much appreciated.

If not thanks once again , and i hope to meet some of you in Doha next time you organise a get together

cheers
Make sure you have skype loaded.Enjoy the experience and keep your self grounded Good luck xxx
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Make sure you have skype loaded.Enjoy the experience and keep your self grounded Good luck xxx
ahhh , didnt think of the old internet , are many sites blocked (not those sort of ones ) ones like iplayer , facebook ?

I have skype already up and running at the moment
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wasabi crackers and Sharwoods Chilli powder.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
ahhh , didnt think of the old internet , are many sites blocked (not those sort of ones ) ones like iplayer , facebook ?

I have skype already up and running at the moment
I'm not sure about Doha, but I am sure skype and or facetime will be blocked....somebody else can help you there
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Buy booze at the airport when you land
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
do i need to stash them in the case out of sight i presume, rather than clinking about like Men Behaving badly ? The reason for me asking is that my suitcase is going to be pretty much chocka block

Last edited by kingsbury100; Jul 16th 2013 at 4:16 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:21 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and thanks for reporting back. We do like to know how people are getting on.

Try and bring a few things to make your new place feel homely. Some photos and bits and pieces.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Piss poor advice for someone going to Gutter....
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:38 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the job, hope it works out.

No tips except try not to get too frustrated with the local work ethos and red tape in the ME
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got my booze confiscated off me at Doha airport, isn't it home brew and certain bars only?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:05 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I got my booze confiscated off me at Doha airport, isn't it home brew and certain bars only?
you can't bring it into the airport from outside but you can buy it in the airport from the duty free there. not so much an idealogical issue more of a financial one with the qataris
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Weasal- Nope I bought a bottle of vodka in the airport there and they wouldn't let me bring it through. (although this was 3 years ago now I spose)
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:19 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Weasal- Nope I bought a bottle of vodka in the airport there and they wouldn't let me bring it through. (although this was 3 years ago now I spose)
I don't know the score on that, I must be confused but I am sure I bought alcohol in Doha but now I am trying to remember if I was only transiting or did I go into Doha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.