British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Telephone and Volts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/telephone-volts-266505/)

Calgarian Nov 14th 2004 11:12 pm

Telephone and Volts

Hi,

Just wondring about the phone bill Did they charge per call like in UK or is it a same general charge like in North america? Also We have 110 volts here and I think in Dubai they have 220 volts like UK.My question is how the hell I am going to charge my laptop and my cell phone?

Khan :beer:

Truth Speak Nov 15th 2004 4:29 am

Re: Telephone and Volts

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hi,

Just wondring about the phone bill Did they charge per call like in UK or is it a same general charge like in North america? Also We have 110 volts here and I think in Dubai they have 220 volts like UK.My question is how the hell I am going to charge my laptop and my cell phone?

Get a step down transformer - or a new phone and laptop.

All local calls are free on landline - all other calls charged at different rates.

TS

joseph.creative Nov 15th 2004 5:21 am

Hi,

buy a new laptop and phone when ur here... easier than having to bring it with you then buy a charger... :D

Vimto Nov 15th 2004 10:38 am

Hi,

I would suggest that you check on both your phone and laptop chargers, many although they have North American 110v plugs on them, they will operate from 100-240 volts so all you need is an adapter, i use my chargers from Dubai in the US and they work fine.
:D

joseph.creative Nov 15th 2004 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Vimto
I would suggest that you check on both your phone and laptop chargers, many although they have North American 110v plugs on them, they will operate from 100-240 volts so all you need is an adapter, i use my chargers from Dubai in the US and they work fine.
:D

Agree with you there. just make sure you use the adaptors or your phone and laptop will fry. Not joking there.

and Welcome Vimto.....

Calgarian Nov 15th 2004 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Agree with you there. just make sure you use the adaptors or your phone and laptop will fry. Not joking there.

and Welcome Vimto.....

OK guys thanks...JOe I havent got ur email mate....I donno whats going on can u send it to me again?

joseph.creative Nov 15th 2004 2:53 pm

OK guys thanks...JOe I havent got ur email mate....I donno whats going on can u send it to me again?

weird.. everybody else is getting my mail!!!

try again later....

Calgarian Nov 15th 2004 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
weird.. everybody else is getting my mail!!!

try again later....

Thanks man Got the one for Sands :). See ya soon

Calgarian Nov 15th 2004 3:26 pm

Just find out that Laptop can handle ot just need to get converter for cell phone and video camera :D

THANKS gUYS

smartd Nov 15th 2004 6:23 pm

one carrier for landline and cellphones that would be Etisalat

www.etisalat.ae can give you all info on tarrifs etc...

Cheers,

D

Calgarian Nov 15th 2004 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by smartd
one carrier for landline and cellphones that would be Etisalat

www.etisalat.ae can give you all info on tarrifs etc...

Cheers,

D

Thanks I appriciate it

joseph.creative Nov 16th 2004 7:57 am

Thanks I appriciate it

shout when in town.... thought i sent u the details about cellphones!