British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Tecom (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/tecom-443860/)

Blue Cat Apr 21st 2007 12:26 pm

Tecom

I have got a problem with my multimailing package, something to do with an external server connection. DH rang Tecom yesterday and explained situation, a technician rang him back 5 hours later when he was on the golf course so problem not resolved. I have rang them 6 times during the course of today and each time they have told me a technician would call back in 10 - 15 minutes. Just wanted to say that the aftersales from TECOM is absolutely shocking !!! :thumbdown:

Blue Cat Apr 21st 2007 1:00 pm

Re: Tecom

they have just rang back and say that it is not their problem that the external server isn't working??? Anyone on here who are IT experts???

:(

NorthernLad Apr 21st 2007 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4677169)
they have just rang back and say that it is not their problem that the external server isn't working??? Anyone on here who are IT experts???

:(

They will feed you a load of bull.

Still waiting on February and Marchs bills, they just keep saying it's a billing problem and will be fixed soon. They still take the money out of my account though. :curse:

Blue Cat Apr 21st 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 4677210)

Still waiting on February and Marchs bills, they just keep saying it's a billing problem and will be fixed soon. They still take the money out of my account though. :curse:

bloody ridiculous. It is really upsetting as I paid 100 USD (not a fortune) for this mail list thing and it is really good - put the e mail id's in, do an e mail, bang it out to over 500. Problem is you have to have it set up on external server or hotmail and emirates e mails don't receive the mail. I have spoken to the Maillist people in Germany and they have been brilliant, it is down to this lot of incompetant, no other word - f***wits to try and sort it out. I got an event next sunday and no bookings for it cos no one has got the invitation!!!
:( :( :(

Blue Cat Apr 21st 2007 4:00 pm

all sorted no thanks to TECOM!!

let's hope I get some people turn up !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray Apr 21st 2007 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4677226)
bloody ridiculous. It is really upsetting as I paid 100 USD (not a fortune) for this mail list thing and it is really good - put the e mail id's in, do an e mail, bang it out to over 500. :( :( :(

So your one of these bleedin spammers ...

Confucius Apr 21st 2007 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4678349)

And she's very subtle at that...

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2007 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4678349)

nope it is private membership, they have to register to get onto the database, which is why it is relatively small. If I were a spammer I would be trawling the web for e mail id's.

BC :)

Border Reiver Apr 22nd 2007 10:27 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 4677210)

I got February's bill about 2 weeks ago, so I'm glad it isn't just me. I'll bet they are a lot more efficent at cutting you off if you don't pay. Still, that is what happens when you have a monopoly running a public utility but even BT at their worst were better than those muppets.