Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Taxis in Dubai???? Where have they gone!?!

Taxis in Dubai???? Where have they gone!?!

Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxis in Dubai???? Where have they gone!?!

Originally Posted by Ditzy
They are great aren't they

It's a private service and you can do it all online. Bookings/cancellations etc. You get an Sms informing you of driver name/number/car type. Bit more expensive but if it is an important journey or person then sometimes it is worth paying more!
I always use a private limo service at weekends, taxis are so unreliable.
I have booked them for Friday brunch, lets see how they do. Thank you for the recommendation.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

You're welcome
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

You're welcome
I have never had any problem with taxis here, i had an asthma attack on Saturday night, and the taxi driver went out of his way to get me another taxi to get me to hospital
Old Nov 28th 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome
Well...I was going to book them but they wanted my credit card details and I don't use my credit card except for emergencies. We are in negotiations about them collecting cash and giving me credits
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
I have never had any problem with taxis here, i had an asthma attack on Saturday night, and the taxi driver went out of his way to get me another taxi to get me to hospital
why didn't he just take you?

Hope you feel better by the way - I had an attack about 4 months ago (first in about 25 years) and it reminded me just how nasty that experience is...
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:29 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

W recently moved to Marina from Barsha 2 where it was nigh on impossible to get a taxi at any time of the day. Since living here we never wait more than 30 seconds for a free taxi at any time.

On chatting tone of the kore competent drivers he informed me that most of them just ignore bookings these days as

1. When they get to the address, people make them wait too long
2. It is often for a very short trip and not worth their time

The driver told me that he can earn as much in 6 hours doing 10 dhm runs around marina and JBR as he can in a full 12 hour shift in other parts of Dubai. When I asked about Barsha and Tecom he said I was too difficult to find addresses and they all just wait at MoE as the tourists tip well.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheShed

On chatting tone of the kore competent drivers he informed me that most of them just ignore bookings these days as

1. When they get to the address, people make them wait too long
2. It is often for a very short trip and not worth their time

The driver told me that he can earn as much in 6 hours doing 10 dhm runs around marina and JBR as he can in a full 12 hour shift in other parts of Dubai. When I asked about Barsha and Tecom he said I was too difficult to find addresses and they all just wait at MoE as the tourists tip well.
Suddenly it all becomes clear....
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Millhouse
why didn't he just take you?

Hope you feel better by the way - I had an attack about 4 months ago (first in about 25 years) and it reminded me just how nasty that experience is...
He was already booked by someone, and they were just getting into the taxi, so he called around and found a taxi nearby. Thanks feeling much better.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:45 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Could this be the answer to everyone's problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxHcJTs2Sxk
Old Nov 30th 2012, 5:31 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
He was already booked by someone, and they were just getting into the taxi, so he called around and found a taxi nearby. Thanks feeling much better.
Surely any normal caring person would have given the taxi up in such a case, glad to hear you recovered.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

A007A is an unknown quantity at this point

its not work properly
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rowell
Surely any normal caring person would have given the taxi up in such a case, glad to hear you recovered.
Yes, you would think so, but at least they let him drive me to another taxi
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Try this company. little more expensive than taxis, but excellent!
www.careem.com
First booking tonight, JVT to Ibn Battuta Gate hotel at 7pm. 6.50 no text etc. so rang them. After holding informed that due inclement weather they had to find alternate route so 15 minutes late. Eventually driver rings but is heading wrong way on Emirates road. After turning around I talked him in and he arrived 0725. Nice lexus, leather seats, very polite and apologetic. Arrived Ibn Battuta 0740. Text from company asking for rating 1 - 5 (5 = best), gave a 4 because he was late.
10 minutes later a text from them apologising and saying that the ride was free due lateness etc. Can't say fairer than that, have booked them for Atlantis next week :-)
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

wow, that's good customer service!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I am also impressed with their service. Turned up on time, sms's to update me as to arrival time. Nice BMW cold bottles of water, lovely and clean, excellent driver. I will definitely use them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.