Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Taxis from Airport?

Taxis from Airport?

Old May 22nd 2009, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taxis from Airport?

Hi

I am stopping over in Dubai for 2 nights on the way back from a trip to the UK and will be travelling on my own with 2 children and a fair amount of luggage!

I have not booked a hotel yet but have noticed that some of th emore expensive rooms include complimentary transfers to/from the airport but I am not sure whether the extra cost is worth it. so can anyone advise me how much I am likely to pay from the aiport to the Jumeirah Beach area?

On the same subject, is it easy to get a taxi, we'll be arriving quite early 6.30 and are they all reputable or am I likely to get ripped off?

Thanks very much for any advice, I'd welcome any advice

Sam
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxis from Airport?

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

I am stopping over in Dubai for 2 nights on the way back from a trip to the UK and will be travelling on my own with 2 children and a fair amount of luggage!

I have not booked a hotel yet but have noticed that some of th emore expensive rooms include complimentary transfers to/from the airport but I am not sure whether the extra cost is worth it. so can anyone advise me how much I am likely to pay from the aiport to the Jumeirah Beach area?

On the same subject, is it easy to get a taxi, we'll be arriving quite early 6.30 and are they all reputable or am I likely to get ripped off?

Sam

I think hotel pick ups are free. I would guess it would cost about 70 dhs to get up to Jumeirah area.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think hotel pick ups are free. I would guess it would cost about 70 dhs to get up to Jumeirah area.

Thanks.

The hotels I've looked at are offering complimentary transfers but only only at the higher priced rooms, so was keen to safe money if possible!

Sam
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

where are you staying?
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

The hotels I've looked at are offering complimentary transfers but only only at the higher priced rooms, so was keen to safe money if possible!

Sam
just make sure you get the licensed cab...where the queue is, if there is one...it won't cost you that much at all, don't worry...

MM, xx
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you really need the beach (its too hot for me), why not stay at the Ibis Deira City Center for just Dhs350 per room I believe just next to one of the most popular city malls with kiddies entertainment?
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:34 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Hi

Sam
As you will be arriving into the new terminal I am sure that the taxi rank will be there and waiting right outside the arrivals hall, the same as at the old terminal. Unregistered taxis would not dare to use this rank as it will be well policed.

Any hotel at Jumereih Beach will be expensive. Dubai is a 5* location with 5* prices unfortunately. Plus they are just plan greedy. You can often get good deals through travel agents or by booking online direct with the hotel.
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

where are you staying?
Not sure yet but looking at some hotels at Jumeirah Beach, the Beach Hotel, Hilton etc, there are some good offers as we are coming at the end of July. Want to be near the Wild Wadi waterpark as the kids want to go there and also wanted to see the Mall of the Emirates and maybe visit the snow place there.

I also want to do a tour of the city and/or desert but we've only got 2 days and as it will so hot, we may not get it all done.

Sam
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:40 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Hi

Sam
Hi Sam,

Just had a thought, been away from Dubai for nearly a year now. Look up the Regent Hotel online it is located Satwa / Jumereih 1 area right next to the beach. It is a smaller hotel and not one of the big chains. It's not far to the Macato shopping mall and Satwa where there are cheap eating places. There is also Rydges Hotel in Satwa with a nice pool but not sure of their rates though.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Hi Sam,

Just had a thought, been away from Dubai for nearly a year now. Look up the Regent Hotel online it is located Satwa / Jumereih 1 area right next to the beach. It is a smaller hotel and not one of the big chains. It's not far to the Macato shopping mall and Satwa where there are cheap eating places. There is also Rydges Hotel in Satwa with a nice pool but not sure of their rates though.
Thanks for that, I'll do a search for those.

Sam
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:34 am
Concierge

Thanks for that, I'll do a search for those.

Sam
try the Holiday Inn in Al Barsha, two mins from Mall of the Emirates, and brand new, should be fine. The beach hotels are pricey even in July for some reason. Wild Wadi is good fun
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Hi Sam,

that hotel is in the middle of being demolished...

MM, xx
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
not surprised it was a bit shabby to say the least
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

try the Holiday Inn in Al Barsha, two mins from Mall of the Emirates, and brand new, should be fine. The beach hotels are pricey even in July for some reason. Wild Wadi is good fun
There is a new Ibis Hotel near Mall of Emirates opening on 1st June I believe offering great rates.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
I'll give that one a miss then, did read some scathing reviews of it on Tripadvisor

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.