taxi?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default taxi?

hi how much for a taxi from airport to dubai marina? also how long is the journey? someone told us about only getting the taxis at the taxi stand and not to go for the dudes touting outside the airport? any advice appreciated thx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi?

There's no touts... only an official looking man who points you to an official taxi.

Meter starts at 20... fare to Sharjah is about 45-50 during the day, so I'm guessing Marina would be about the same, maybe more at night time.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
There's no touts... only an official looking man who points you to an official taxi.

Meter starts at 20... fare to Sharjah is about 45-50 during the day, so I'm guessing Marina would be about the same, maybe more at night time.
roughly - 85 Dhs
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

I recently paid Dh45 to Bur Dubai, so I think Blue Cat is nearer the mark.

There were touts about whispering 'Taxi,taxi' - maybe I just attract them - but ignore them and join the queue at the taxi rank.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv
hi how much for a taxi from airport to dubai marina? also how long is the journey? someone told us about only getting the taxis at the taxi stand and not to go for the dudes touting outside the airport? any advice appreciated thx
I thought you were planning to fly across business class? you should be able to book a limmo with your airline.

Agree with BC. should be about 80-85 Dhs. Normally with a taxi it starts with 3dhs on the meter but from the airport its 20dhs. Still at just over 10 quid its not bad
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:13 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I thought you were planning to fly across business class? you should be able to book a limmo with your airline.

Agree with BC. should be about 80-85 Dhs. Normally with a taxi it starts with 3dhs on the meter but from the airport its 20dhs. Still at just over 10 quid its not bad
that's a fact...it's only small peanuts the taxi fares over here so the cost thing is fairly irrelevant, with a 100 dhs you can't go wrong...and as long as you stick to the official taxis (and you will cause they are there right in your face as you come out) there will be no funny business going on apart from maybe not taking the fastest route to your destination...
But as Inse said...the limo option is even easier.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
that's a fact...it's only small peanuts the taxi fares over here so the cost thing is fairly irrelevant, with a 100 dhs you can't go wrong...and as long as you stick to the official taxis (and you will cause they are there right in your face as you come out) there will be no funny business going on apart from maybe not taking the fastest route to your destination...
But as Inse said...the limo option is even easier.
I sometimes think a taxi fare is getting expensive until I calculate the cost in real money.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
roughly - 85 Dhs
wow i was way off! Taxis are expensive to go right across town then... if I'm venturing that far it's normally because i have a car at my disposal. If i'm cabbing it I'm ususually just going as far as T/C or equivalent distance from the sticks.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jvr20
wow i was way off! Taxis are expensive to go right across town then... if I'm venturing that far it's normally because i have a car at my disposal. If i'm cabbing it I'm ususually just going as far as T/C or equivalent distance from the sticks.
the wanderer returns!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Airport to the Marina is about 30-45 minutes and about 85Dhs. Remember to tell the taxi driver you want to go under the Salik gates (at a cost of an extra 8 Dhs) or it could take you days.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Airport to the Marina is about 30-45 minutes and about 85Dhs. Remember to tell the taxi driver you want to go under the Salik gates (at a cost of an extra 8 Dhs) or it could take you days.
not at night, it is quite a quick run, we did it at Christmas at were back home within about 25 minutes, I was truly amazed
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not at night, it is quite a quick run, we did it at Christmas at were back home within about 25 minutes, I was truly amazed
I suppose that is one virtue of most flights arriving in the early hours of the morning.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
As the local access route to Garhoud Bridge is presently closed, go the Business Bay Crossing route from the airport. Quicker by far than the alternatives.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

yes when i move to dubai, but im coming over for a week on thursday and flying economy so will need transport - have hired apartment so cant get a hotel shuttle either.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angelynv
yes when i move to dubai, but im coming over for a week on thursday and flying economy so will need transport - have hired apartment so cant get a hotel shuttle either.
cheers everyone - i know that was a mundane question - its just the people who im hiring the apartment from have offered to sort a transfer in a Cadillac Escalade for 250AED - just wondering if its worth getting that or just jumping into a taxi..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.