Taxes

Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough
Default Taxes

a new trend........so much for the tax free environment. Once implemented they will find reasons to hike it every year and introduce more taxes........

" The GCC States have decided to levy Value Added Tax from next year, officials told Gulf News. The introduction of VAT will start with tobacco and its byproducts sometime next year and other goods will follow, they added. A nominal rate will be applied to other goods so as not to cause inflation."

btw, how about some karma from you guys !

Martin
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:06 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: Taxes

Originally Posted by MCA27
a new trend........so much for the tax free environment. Once implemented they will find reasons to hike it every year and introduce more taxes........

" The GCC States have decided to levy Value Added Tax from next year, officials told Gulf News. The introduction of VAT will start with tobacco and its byproducts sometime next year and other goods will follow, they added. A nominal rate will be applied to other goods so as not to cause inflation."

Martin
They've got all sorts of ways to rake in the cash. I heard that small food outlets have to pay about 8000 dirhams (up from 5000 last year) just to stay open for takeaway during Ramadan. So obviously they pass the cost on to the customer.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:43 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by kristy
They've got all sorts of ways to rake in the cash. I heard that small food outlets have to pay about 8000 dirhams (up from 5000 last year) just to stay open for takeaway during Ramadan. So obviously they pass the cost on to the customer.

The amount should be increased. Long issue to explain.

Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:56 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
I'm not arguing the merits of the charge, I'm just saying that they have many "hidden taxes".
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:32 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

I'm not arguing the merits of the charge, I'm just saying that they have many "hidden taxes".
Very true.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:35 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Martin
Definitely! I've given too much out in the last 24 hrs but you'll be the first when my ban is lifted
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Definitely! I've given too much out in the last 24 hrs but you'll be the first when my ban is lifted
cool, you've just been karma'd
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:17 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
why on Earth wud u want expats to more in the form of hiddesn taxes???? we already pay bucket loads for any government service and I think that is fair enuf.

Higher costs in the form of 'hidden' taxes is ridiculous. If the government is starting to feel strapped for cash, a good idea would be to levy full charges for electricity and water on nationals. With the way I have seen water been wasted in some areas, the government wud prolly make in excess of AED 5 Billion in the first year alone!

VAT? Wot for? wot do we get out of it? we arent citizens? Once we are (which will obviously never happen), then we can negotiate. Until then, taxing foreigners is nothing short of being ridiculous.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:18 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

cool, you've just been karma'd
I have given u karma b4, but it wont let me give u anymore just yet! stupid karma controllers!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:39 am
The Oracle

LOTS AND LOTS of hidden taxes............the arent stupid........they just know how to make the most of the expat community to keep their coffers overflowing!

Last edited by Face81; Oct 18th 2004 at 10:39 am.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:43 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by Face81
LOTS AND LOTS of hidden taxes............the arent stupid........they just know how to make the most of the expat community to keep their cofers overflowing!
Absolutely. Visa charges alone must net them a small fortune. One of the guys at work, an Indian guy, was telling me how much it costs him to sponsor family members to visit for a couple of weeks.

I guess those new projects all need funding somehow. And those horses must cost a lot too!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:51 am
The Oracle

Absolutely. Visa charges alone must net them a small fortune. One of the guys at work, an Indian guy, was telling me how much it costs him to sponsor family members to visit for a couple of weeks.

I guess those new projects all need funding somehow. And those horses must cost a lot too!!
last yr, Dbuai Municipality made AED 400 million off parking meters......they need all the money they can get to fund their $4 Billion mono rail that will cos construction choas when building kicks off at the end of this year.:scared:
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:02 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

last yr, Dbuai Municipality made AED 400 million off parking meters......they need all the money they can get to fund their $4 Billion mono rail that will cos construction choas when building kicks off at the end of this year.:scared:

yeh m8 chaos will be the order of the day, but monorails rock. eg bangkok (possibly the worst traffic jams in the world) drive across town = min 2hrs to 4+hrs , monorail = 10 mins it rocks and is very very cheap. if they get it right lol
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:20 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by shiva
yeh m8 chaos will be the order of the day, but monorails rock. eg bangkok (possibly the worst traffic jams in the world) drive across town = min 2hrs to 4+hrs , monorail = 10 mins it rocks and is very very cheap. if they get it right lol

not so gr8......all that glitters and all that........they plan to have 55+ train stations on train route of 70kms.......so distances that take 10-15 mins to cover by car wil take 25-30mins by train and distances that take 30-45 mins to cover by car will take 45-60 mins on the train......and these are true times that the municipality recently released.

So u tell me......who in their right mind wud want to spend a longer amount time commuting??I wudnt.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:08 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

not so gr8......all that glitters and all that........they plan to have 55+ train stations on train route of 70kms.......so distances that take 10-15 mins to cover by car wil take 25-30mins by train and distances that take 30-45 mins to cover by car will take 45-60 mins on the train......and these are true times that the municipality recently released.

So u tell me......who in their right mind wud want to spend a longer amount time commuting??I wudnt.

ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! ok then u might be right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.