Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tax question to all canadians out there

Tax question to all canadians out there

Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:14 am
Just Joined

OntarioRockz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax question to all canadians out there

Thanks to everyone here who share a ton of knowledge...going thru these pages have been really helpful !!

I am about to move to UAE towards the end of July of this year.I am planning to sever all our ties to canada except a house rented at arms length. I have few questions in mind, I would really appreciate any canadians answer my questions below.

1. How easy has it been for you to get a non resident status for tax purpose
2. Is it okay to rent a house at arms length and have an active bank account for that purpose ( to manage mortgage )
3. I have seen an accountant to help me with the above, his counselling fee is $ 520 for one hour plus more for the actual tax work. Is it worth that kind of money ?

thats all for now.

Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax question to all canadians out there

You do realise you've posted this on BritishExpats.com?
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
You do realise you've posted this on BritishExpats.com?
Yes I do Millsyisland,
Canuk board is not as active,moreover there are quite a few canadians on this, who I hope will have some advice for me.
Thanks anyways.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OntarioRockz
Thanks to everyone here who share a ton of knowledge...going thru these pages have been really helpful !!

I am about to move to UAE towards the end of July of this year.I am planning to sever all our ties to canada except a house rented at arms length. I have few questions in mind, I would really appreciate any canadians answer my questions below.

1. How easy has it been for you to get a non resident status for tax purpose
2. Is it okay to rent a house at arms length and have an active bank account for that purpose ( to manage mortgage )
3. I have seen an accountant to help me with the above, his counselling fee is $ 520 for one hour plus more for the actual tax work. Is it worth that kind of money ?

thats all for now.

Cheers
I wrote this quite some time ago, but it might be of some help

http://financialuae.me/2010/07/19/ge...nadian-expats/
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
I wrote this quite some time ago, but it might be of some help

http://financialuae.me/2010/07/19/ge...nadian-expats/
Meow, I have read the article in the past, very informative.Thanks