Tax...help!

Old May 25th 2012, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

britty333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax...help!

About to move to the UAE and need a bit of advice. I have a limited company with a large chunk of cash in it and i am the sole director/shareholder. Im moving out to the UAE in the next few weeks for work and will probably stay there for maybe 2-3 years+.
Is it possible to withdraw cash from the business whilst i am in the UAE without incurring any tax?
The other option would be to try and wind the company down and hopefully with entrepreneurs relief pay 10% CGT. Could do with some advice.
Thanks
Old May 26th 2012, 11:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax...help!

Originally Posted by britty333
About to move to the UAE and need a bit of advice. I have a limited company with a large chunk of cash in it and i am the sole director/shareholder. Im moving out to the UAE in the next few weeks for work and will probably stay there for maybe 2-3 years+.
Is it possible to withdraw cash from the business whilst i am in the UAE without incurring any tax?
The other option would be to try and wind the company down and hopefully with entrepreneurs relief pay 10% CGT. Could do with some advice.
Thanks

In short no. Even if you are non-resident for tax purposes you are subject to tax on income arising in the UK. Bear in mind however, that you still have a personal allowance so earnings below that level are not subject to tax.