British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   taste dubai - free tickets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/taste-dubai-free-tickets-512167/)

jvr20 Feb 6th 2008 4:31 am

taste dubai - free tickets

Thought I'd share an offer I got in an email:

http://www.infosalons.com.au/taste08...&dm_i=@USERID@

text of email follows:

In association with the organisers of Taste of Dubai, 7 Days has secured 500 free entry tickets (worth 150dhs each) to Taste of Dubai.
Only 500 are available so do act quickly - click here to secure yours.

You will be asked to complete a simple form, once submitted you will receive a confirmation email which is your E-TICKET. Please take your e-ticket to the entrance of the show and exchange this for an official ticket. This will give you free access to browse the event, the chefs' theatre, the beverage theatre, the chill out zone and the Gourmet Food Market.

In addition you will have the opportunity to sample signature dishes freshly prepared by 14 of the city’s finest restaurants which will be available to purchase using Dellas, the official Taste currency. Beverages will also be served at the bars* and can be purchased using Dellas. Dellas will be available to purchase at 'Banks' inside the event.

Invite your friends
Taste of Dubai is a great event to enjoy as a couple or a group. Please do forward on this email to allow your friends and family to also receive a complimentary e-ticket. Don't forget they must complete the form first. Click here to complete the form to receive a free entry e-ticket.

Start planning your visit to Taste of Dubai...

Meet leading chefs as they serve up their delicious signature dishes
World famous chefs will be freshly preparing and cooking up their dishes for you to sample, these include Francois Porte, Vincenzo Gatti, Uwe Micheel.
Sample over 40 signature dishes from the 14 restaurants
Discover a range of local and international cuisines with a varying choice of starters, mains and desserts from each restaurant.
'Visit' 14 of the citys finest restaurants - all in one sitting
Taste of Dubai is a fantastic opportunity for you to try new places, explore different cuisines and plan a whole year of dining out!
Watch celebrity chefs in action at the MWF Chefs Theatre
Learn new cooking techniques and see world famous chefs including Antony Worrall Thompson, Sanjeev Kapoor and Gary Rhodes display their culinary skills. Click here to view the Chefs' Theatre timetable.
Attend exciting Gastro Features
Educate your palate in the Beverage Theatre at the daily programme of tastings and tutorials. Or enjoy traditional shisha and signature beverages from Almaz by Momo, London in the Chill Out Zone
Browse a mouth watering array of brands at the Gourmet Food Market
Sample, taste and purchase specialty food and ingredients, exclusive products from leading brands, exotic beverages and exclusive treats.

Choose your session...
Taste of Dubai runs from 6-9th February 2008. There are evening sessions daily and afternoon sessions on Friday 8th February and Saturday 9th February. Your e-ticket will allow you access to any session of your choice. Simply arrive at the start of your chosen session, enchange your e-ticket for the official ticket and enjoy the event.

Opening times

Day
Afternoon session
Evening session

Wednesday 6th February

7.00pm - midnight

Thursday 7th February

7.00pm - midnight

Friday 8th February
11.00 - 4.00pm *
7.00pm - midnight

Saturday 9th February
12.00 - 5.00pm
7.00pm - midnight

Anyone going at the weekend who's got room for a little one to join them? :thumbup:

typical Feb 3rd 2009 6:54 am

Re: taste dubai - free tickets

Anyone seen free tickets for this time around? It ends up quite expensive anyway, so always good to get in for free ;)

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2009 7:02 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5892176)
Thought I'd share an offer I got in an email:

http://www.infosalons.com.au/taste08...&dm_i=@USERID@

text of email follows:

Anyone going at the weekend who's got room for a little one to join them? :thumbup:

That link brings up last years one mate.

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7242405)
Anyone seen free tickets for this time around? It ends up quite expensive anyway, so always good to get in for free ;)

aye same here, last year was ace but we spent a bomb, I hate that stupid vouchers thing as well.

commander Feb 3rd 2009 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7242418)
That link brings up last years one mate.

you pleb....look at the date he posted it:D

typical Feb 3rd 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7242429)

:rofl:

Sorry Spugsy, I bumped last year's post.

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2009 9:27 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7242446)
:rofl:

Sorry Spugsy, I bumped last year's post.

ah right.....ahem.

lionheart Feb 3rd 2009 9:28 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7242429)

You dope, what has the posting date got to do with anything?
The link specifically refers to the 2008 event so any response to it would presumably be invalid. We need the new link.

commander Feb 3rd 2009 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7242764)
You dope, what has the posting date got to do with anything?
The link specifically refers to the 2008 event so any response to it would presumably be invalid. We need the new link.

no your the dope....cant be arsed with you dragonmart man:rofl:

typical Feb 3rd 2009 11:27 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7242764)

... which is why I bumped the thread! :confused:

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7243114)
no your the dope....cant be arsed with you dragonmart man:rofl:

nah he's right, who the fock reads when it was posted?

manwithnoname Feb 3rd 2009 12:03 pm

taste dubai? what does job redundances & billions of dollars of debt taste like?
I suspect it tastes bad:thumbup:

Shadya Feb 3rd 2009 3:33 pm

Is this anything to do with the Dubai Food Festival 2009 coz we have just received a complimentary book of 15-25% off meal vouchers for an assortment of Dubai restaurants. It was left outside our villa gate so presumably every Tom, Dick and Harry is getting one.

commander Feb 3rd 2009 5:50 pm

Aye ok then bonny lad, the fact that anyone with a quarter ounce of brains knows that JVR actually left here ages ago.

Sorry my mistake, my fault, I'm wrong..

People equiped with common dog pay attention to post dates.

Sadly.. Geordies and OAP's missed the point.

Its ok, loads didnt