Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Taking Medications into Qatar...

Taking Medications into Qatar...

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:17 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taking Medications into Qatar...

Any issues with taking them in like in Dubai? Have searched high and low on the internet (OK, googled a few times) but no joy. Not even the FCO website has been any use.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:04 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking Medications into Qatar...

Depends what it is. If it is potassium hydrocyanide for your own use they they will not mind. If it is a narcotic then mind your fingers as the cell door slams shut...Any codeine or opiates are illegal and they won't believe the phials are for your diabetic condition.

Why don't you phone the embassy - tell them what you want to do and take advice?

You can get anything you want there so I wonder why bother attempting to bring stuff in.?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:54 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Medications into Qatar...

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Depends what it is. If it is potassium hydrocyanide for your own use they they will not mind. If it is a narcotic then mind your fingers as the cell door slams shut...Any codeine or opiates are illegal and they won't believe the phials are for your diabetic condition.

Why don't you phone the embassy - tell them what you want to do and take advice?

You can get anything you want there so I wonder why bother attempting to bring stuff in.?
Thanks. I rang the embassy and was told the only ones to worry about were controlled drugs like methadone and morphine.

I know I can buy them there, but I'm only coming for 5 week stints so it's easier to get them on prescription here. At least I know I can get them if I go short.