Reload this Page >

Taking the dog to Dubai

Taking the dog to Dubai

Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Tracy Pitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking the dog to Dubai

Hi

My husband is moving to Dubai and I am looking to join him in few months.
Please can someone advise me on what is required for me to take the Dog over I.E Quarantine, inoculations required, pet travel or advise where i can obtain this information

Thank you
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking the dog to Dubai

you need to speak to your vet for all this information. I did it ten years ago but I am sure it will have changed. Rabies is a must. At this end you can get Dubai Kennels to do the paper work. Do a search on the expatwoman forum there is information there.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracy Pitts
Hi

Please can someone advise me on what is required for me to take the Dog over I.E Quarantine, inoculations required, pet travel or advise where i can obtain this information

Thank you
Ive just done it my dog arrived 4 weeks ago, its very straight forward well that what my assistant told me, anyway if you dont want to do it yourself you can pay a company to do it for you, the best company is ' Dubai Kennels & Cattery ' www.dkc.ae or tel 00971 4 2851646.

Best of Luck
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you

out of interest, was the dog ok?
as my hubby doesnt think our dog will cope with quarantine as he has never been away from us?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

as my hubby doesnt think our dog will cope with quarantine as he has never been away from us?
there is no quarantine
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you

We brought our dog over with us in January, and we used Mike at Animal Airlines (www.animalairlines.co.uk) and as Paul said Dubai Kennels and Cattery (DKC) this end. To take the stress out of the situation, I would recommend you contact Mike and discuss the move with him. Animal Airlines and DKC work together and know each other very well.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Great!
what sort of cost should i be looking at to save me the shock.

thanks guys you have all been very helpful and informative

love this site
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you
If your husband is coming here without you for a few months, make sure HE has all the injections he will need..........
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Great!

love this site
Cost including pet passport, all the injections etc back home, and travel costs to Dubai etc, came to just over 1k
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Great!

love this site
Cost for me was around £1400 but it depends on the size of the dog re : the cage etc etc.....

Love this site........Love you Too
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

A8NNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Just found out we might be moving to Dubai in few months and want to take our dog, can anyone tell me what the time scale is..... do they have to go into quarantine before getting to Dubai and when they get there do they have to stay in kennels for any length of time. Also what happens when you bring them home, do they have to stay in kennels again.....and for how long.

Also someone mentioned to me about the rabies injection and they have to have it about 6 months before they travel is this correct.......

When you get any info please can you let me know...thanks
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by scarletfan
We brought our dog over with us in January, and we used Mike at Animal Airlines (www.animalairlines.co.uk) and as Paul said Dubai Kennels and Cattery (DKC) this end. To take the stress out of the situation, I would recommend you contact Mike and discuss the move with him. Animal Airlines and DKC work together and know each other very well.

A8 all the information is here.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just done the move from Aus with Pooch - rabies was not an issue ( we only had 3 weeks notice we were leaving!!) however the problem was Leptospirosis - there are 2 shots, two weeks apart, and then a 2 week wait for a final test before coming here. We had to board ours in Aus until he was clear. Also check out what Vets in the UK are allowed to give the vaccines - in Aus only AQIS vets are allowed to do the jabs for export. On arrival they stay in a kennel for about 5 hours for processing, then they can either be delivered or you can collect them.
There is no quarantine this end, but no idea re your return to the UK

Originally Posted by A8NNC
Hi
Just found out we might be moving to Dubai in few months and want to take our dog, can anyone tell me what the time scale is..... do they have to go into quarantine before getting to Dubai and when they get there do they have to stay in kennels for any length of time. Also what happens when you bring them home, do they have to stay in kennels again.....and for how long.

Also someone mentioned to me about the rabies injection and they have to have it about 6 months before they travel is this correct.......

When you get any info please can you let me know...thanks
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:33 am
Just Joined

HCS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you
Hi Tracy
I was wondering if you have moved yet and how you got on moving the dog? We may be in the same situation soon and i am keen to get any info on how to do this.
Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

hi

sadly no, hubby's job has been put on hold until new year
I did get some good feedback from this site

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.