Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Taking a computer along...

Taking a computer along...

Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:32 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default Taking a computer along...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if and when I leave Holland, am I allowed to take a computer along with me? Or will UAE customs require that the harddisk is checked first?

Frans
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:38 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking a computer along...

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if and when I leave Holland, am I allowed to take a computer along with me? Or will UAE customs require that the harddisk is checked first?

Frans
There is a risk of them checking,
But fear not, you can buy almost all types of DVD's here
Alot of them from your home country as well
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Frans

Hi Frans,

I came in with a laptop, they just opened it and checked the c drive for 2 minutes!
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
There is a risk of them checking,
But fear not, you can buy almost all types of DVD's here
Alot of them from your home country as well
Don't even walk down that road Jammy, the funniest XXX movie I ever saw was the one in that was recorded in what we call "Oxford English" here in Holland. The UK government actually complained about it as they saw it as an insult. The tears rolled down my cheeks laughing !!!

Serious, what concerns me is the 25 years of files stored on my harddisk, and yes, the backups as well. Otherwise known as the Exports Managers "Little Black Book With Connections".

Frans
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Frans
Helloooooo Frans....................u never said hello earlier
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:48 am
UAE Expat

Originally Posted by Malteser
Helloooooo Frans....................u never said hello earlier
Ooooo dear, didn't I? You're starting to scare the living daylights out of this Gentle Giant.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I just used to remove the Hard drives, take them thru as hand baggage and leave the PC in a suitcase, never been stopped or checked.

They did remove my Corkscrew from my baggage when i flew last week!!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:50 am
UAE Expat

Don't even walk down that road Jammy, the funniest XXX movie I ever saw was the one in that was recorded in what we call "Oxford English" here in Holland. The UK government actually complained about it as they saw it as an insult. The tears rolled down my cheeks laughing !!!

Serious, what concerns me is the 25 years of files stored on my harddisk, and yes, the backups as well. Otherwise known as the Exports Managers "Little Black Book With Connections".

Frans
And if your into that kind of thing? Download World TV, switch to any Dutch Channel after midnight, you'll get it for free.

Frans
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:56 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

And if your into that kind of thing? Download World TV, switch to any Dutch Channel after midnight, you'll get it for free.

Frans
Or pop over the wrong side of town and spend a quid on some entertaining "educational" material on DVD
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:57 am
Up in the air

Or pop over the wrong side of town and spend a quid on some entertaining "educational" material on DVD
or at least thats what my friends cousin told him..
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:58 am
UAE Expat

Neah....
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:00 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Neah....
Red light district