Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Take me up the Desert

Take me up the Desert

Old Sep 9th 2013, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Take me up the Desert

Just wondering if anyone who has been on one could recommend a company that organises desert trips near Doha, also roughly how much they paid ?

Have been looking online and there seem to be quite a few, and some of them don't have prices, so any pointers would be much appreciated.

Don't have a car yet, so cant just sling a tent in the back and toddle off, especially as i would probably end up breaking down and drinking a 'Bear Grhylls Special'
Old Sep 10th 2013, 7:39 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take me up the Desert - Crewegirl

Originally Posted by kingsbury100 View Post
Just wondering if anyone who has been on one could recommend a company that organises desert trips near Doha, also roughly how much they paid ?

Have been looking online and there seem to be quite a few, and some of them don't have prices, so any pointers would be much appreciated.

Don't have a car yet, so cant just sling a tent in the back and toddle off, especially as i would probably end up breaking down and drinking a 'Bear Grhylls Special'
I know Crewegirl has organised one mate. Hopefully she will pick up on this.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Take me up the Desert

I'm here...
Yes I did organise one and have to say t was a great weekend.
We paid QAR400 each and this got us picked up from home where as there were 45 of us we had a little convoy of 9 land cruisers heading off to the desert. We then went dune bashing and the inland sea and then arrived at camp at 6pm ish.
There was a lady there making Arabic bread and the guys were cooking the meal whilst we sat and had a little drink or two. The bonfire was lit and music playing and that's all I remember until I woke up still outside while others had made it to the tents.
At 7am two camels came along the beach and everyone got to have a ride and then breakfast was served and then home again
Fantastic time!
We used Arabian adventures on 55534233
Have fun.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Crewegirl View Post
I'm here...
Yes I did organise one and have to say t was a great weekend.
We paid QAR400 each and this got us picked up from home where as there were 45 of us we had a little convoy of 9 land cruisers heading off to the desert. We then went dune bashing and the inland sea and then arrived at camp at 6pm ish.
There was a lady there making Arabic bread and the guys were cooking the meal whilst we sat and had a little drink or two. The bonfire was lit and music playing and that's all I remember until I woke up still outside while others had made it to the tents.
At 7am two camels came along the beach and everyone got to have a ride and then breakfast was served and then home again
Fantastic time!
We used Arabian adventures on 55534233
Have fun.
Much appreciated guys.

Crewegirl, sounds like an awesome time. i will give these guys a ring thank you. It sounds as though it might be better to wait until i have a few other people ready to go as well, to bring down the price.

When you say you had a little drink or two , i take it was a bring your own situation in sprite bottles and kept on the hush hush ?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

You don't have to be a huge group, we also did the same trip when my husbands children came to visit and even though just the 4 of us it was just as
We took cool boxes full and left them in the tents and a non see through cup each and had a whale of a time.
They really are good guys and excellent drivers.
Have fun.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Crewegirl View Post
You don't have to be a huge group, we also did the same trip when my husbands children came to visit and even though just the 4 of us it was just as
We took cool boxes full and left them in the tents and a non see through cup each and had a whale of a time.
They really are good guys and excellent drivers.
Have fun.

Sounds like a winner, i am already starting to rope a couple of bodies in so hopefully will be on the sands soon.
Also looking in Time Out Doha, there is some sort of exhibition with lots of activity companies at one of the top hotels in in the next week ( lost my Time Out with all the details ) so i might pop down and see what else in offer.

Thanks for the advice