Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tailors--custom-made suits, shirts

Tailors--custom-made suits, shirts

Old May 21st 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice
Default Tailors--custom-made suits, shirts

Hola,

Anyone recommend a good tailor? I need some new suits and shirts for work.

Also, any guidelines on what I should expect to pay are much appreciated. I imagine you can haggle with the shops in Bur Dubai.

Finally, someone said you can buy the material cheaper and bring it to a tailor, and its much cheaper--any advise of this?

Thanks so much!
Old May 21st 2008, 11:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tailors--custom-made suits, shirts

Whistle & Flute in Satwa - off Plant Street (alleyway behind it)

tel 04 342 9229
Old May 21st 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fritztastic
Hola,

Anyone recommend a good tailor? I need some new suits and shirts for work.

Also, any guidelines on what I should expect to pay are much appreciated. I imagine you can haggle with the shops in Bur Dubai.

Finally, someone said you can buy the material cheaper and bring it to a tailor, and its much cheaper--any advise of this?

Thanks so much!
Bur Dubai is pretty good, but personally i think the tailors in the Jumeriah Beach hotel is very good & not to far into town, but that depends on where you live
Old May 21st 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Whistle & Flute in Satwa - off Plant Street (alleyway behind it)

tel 04 342 9229
Thanks!

Time Out Dubai rated them the best, too:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/fe...ew.php?id=1926

Where is Plant Street? I was looking for it before, and couldn't find it--does it have another name?
Old May 21st 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Bur Dubai is pretty good, but personally i think the tailors in the Jumeriah Beach hotel is very good & not to far into town, but that depends on where you live
I'm guessing a hotel tailor would be pretty expensive? The Time-Out article says Whistle is about 700D for a suit, which is more in my ballpark...
Old May 21st 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I'm guessing a hotel tailor would be pretty expensive? The Time-Out article says Whistle is about 700D for a suit, which is more in my ballpark...
In all honesty it was a while ago i had my suits made & i don't remember the price but the quality was very good
Old May 21st 2008, 12:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Time Out Dubai rated them the best, too:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/dubai/fe...ew.php?id=1926

Where is Plant Street? I was looking for it before, and couldn't find it--does it have another name?
Probably, but everyone knows it as Plant Street. It's the one with all the plant shops. If you can't find it, just ask someone. (It's sort of opposite Centro shopping centre & Picasso Gallery)

If driving on Al Wasl Road from Safa it is a turning on the right before Al Diyafah Street.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Davedurdans is an unknown quantity at this point

How much that guy charge for a suit?