Tailor Doha

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tailor Doha

Hi,

I need a suit, ideally made to measure. Have about 2 weeks to get it done, needs to be half decent though I'm not looking for Saville Row, just prefer it not to be Chinese polyester

Were I in Dubai I suppose I could pick one up on the way to the airport but in Doha I'm not sure where to go. Any "sensible" recommendations?

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tailor Doha

There's loads of Tailors around Al Sadd area (there's a row of shops just off Al Sadd Road after C Ring Intersection where there's half a dozen Tailors). To be honest I have had a suit made and it's not fantastic. Ok, but not "wow".

I fit were me I would head over to City Centre Mall. There's a few shops there which sell off the peg suits which they then alter to your body shape - quality is much better and you get a better idea of how the material looks etc before you pay
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

I bought an of the peg one from a place in CC, they did adjust the jacket arms and the trouser length but I'm still less than 100% happy. Just no way a Chinese polyester suit is gonna feel good never mind how it looks. Also seem to find they are all about 6 inches short in the waist to crutch. Must be the Chinese style.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I saw a place in CC mall, Atlas, I think, looks like they do made to measure. Did you find issues with the cut or the material when you had one made?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I saw a place in CC mall, Atlas, I think, looks like they do made to measure. Did you find issues with the cut or the material when you had one made?
The material is fine. You can go down to Souk Wakif (sp?) and pick up a 100% wool in umpteen colours for no money at all and take it to the tailors for them to use. The problem was with the cut, and the quality of the work. The stitching was ok etc, but for example the trousers were finished at the bottom by turning up 2" of material which then impressed on the outside and looked shite.

They aren't artists - they just churn out suits based on a simple pattern.