Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

SZR traffic accidents 2004

SZR traffic accidents 2004

Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:31 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default SZR traffic accidents 2004

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...on=theuae&col=

I recall a discussion about road traffic accidents somewhere around here yesterday. Just reading this scary figures :scared:
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SZR traffic accidents 2004

Originally Posted by Jellybean

I recall a discussion about road traffic accidents somewhere around here yesterday. Just reading this scary figures :scared:

Wonder what is safer...driving you own car or riding with the crazy taxi drivers! Would be nice to know how many of those accidents were taxis!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:36 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JB Now that is scarey, i know that is a lot i would still imagine it to be higher, it just seems everytime igo out i see an accident!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:45 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hi JB Now that is scarey, i know that is a lot i would still imagine it to be higher, it just seems everytime igo out i see an accident!
I wonder how many do not get reported

Sm my hubby occasionally takes a taxi from airport. The last time he had to grab the steering wheel to stop the guy driving into a truck, he was falling asleep at the wheel!!!

The very next day a truck and cement mixer ended up mulshed outside Internet City
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:48 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

I wonder how many do not get reported

Sm my hubby occasionally takes a taxi from airport. The last time he had to grab the steering wheel to stop the guy driving into a truck, he was falling asleep at the wheel!!!

The very next day a truck and cement mixer ended up mulshed outside Internet City
Do you reckon they should put out more of those reality advertisment campaigns like they do in the UK?.. I swear they work..scares the hell out of me seeing those adverts...It seems thay need more education over here on the consequences of unsafe driving...there is too much ignorance
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by samireh
Do you reckon they should put out more of those reality advertisment campaigns like they do in the UK?.. I swear they work..scares the hell out of me seeing those adverts...It seems thay need more education over here on the consequences of unsafe driving...there is too much ignorance
Dunno sami, I think the ones that drive like lunatics are always the ones in too much of a hurry to care...or taxi drivers where time is money
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:02 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Dunno sami, I think the ones that drive like lunatics are always the ones in too much of a hurry to care...or taxi drivers where time is money
But certain images create fear in a human being...you have to show people the consequences so that it creates an awareness...I don't know if anyone on the board has ever witnessed a death from a car crash...but I am sure they will agree...once you've seen that..you will not want to see it again...no matter how much of a rush you're in.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by samireh
But certain images create fear in a human being...you have to show people the consequences so that it creates an awareness...I don't know if anyone on the board has ever witnessed a death from a car crash...but I am sure they will agree...once you've seen that..you will not want to see it again...no matter how much of a rush you're in.

I haven't seen a death, but have been in a bad one, got hit by a drunk driver and smashed through a brick wall....that was bad enough, I know what you mean sami. Also been a taxi driver and have been in a rush since, maybe I choose to delete that horrid memory from my mind..but I do know what you are getting at. MAybe it would work, I mean even if it cut down accidents it must be worth it right.