Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

syria visa... any experience?

syria visa... any experience?

Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default syria visa... any experience?

Quick? Whole day / half day(!) ?

ta!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: syria visa... any experience?

Originally Posted by jvr20

ta!
Off on walkabout (again!!) for the long week-end, JVR?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:29 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I guess that answers my question about the holiday.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

ta!
btw how did the Kish trip go?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

i managed to get mine on the border but we had to leave early and there were a lot of people in the group so it took awhile... it wasn't too long though... although not sure about doing it through an embassy
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:26 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

ta!
The Syrian Embassy are a nightmare here. However, if you submit your application in the morning, you will generally get it back the next day.

Quite a few nationals can get visas on the border so it is worth checking so you can save a trip to the Embassy.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
nah - not this week, but at some point yes indeed.

I'm not one for resort living (just as well, given my bedsit in Shj!) but do want to make the most of my time in the ME by exploring the region. I put it off for most of last year hoping to find likeminded types to go with, but no joy. Everyone seems to be coupled off or prefers spending weekends hungover in Dubai, or otherwise engaged with own flatmates etc.

Cham128 - I think it would have to be from the embassy unless I managed to get into Leb first and drive down but that would just add to wasted time...

Ins - Kish... one to tick off the list but wouldn't go back. Greek shipwreck notwithstanding (It wasn't a Greek ship anyway, it was built on the Clyde!!).

Miss E - thanks for the info... 2 days off work in addition to any trip does seem a bit of a headache
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:40 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

nah - not this week, but at some point yes indeed.

I'm not one for resort living (just as well, given my bedsit in Shj!) but do want to make the most of my time in the ME by exploring the region. I put it off for most of last year hoping to find likeminded types to go with, but no joy. Everyone seems to be coupled off or prefers spending weekends hungover in Dubai, or otherwise engaged with own flatmates etc.

Cham128 - I think it would have to be from the embassy unless I managed to get into Leb first and drive down but that would just add to wasted time...

Ins - Kish... one to tick off the list but wouldn't go back. Greek shipwreck notwithstanding (It wasn't a Greek ship anyway, it was built on the Clyde!!).

Miss E - thanks for the info... 2 days off work in addition to any trip does seem a bit of a headache

Do you have a PRO that could do it for you?!

It will be well worth it. Had a few colleagues travel there recently and they all loved it. Lots of bargains to be had and they all enjoyed the place.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

never a waste of time to spend a little time in lebanon

how about the jordanian border? you could do syria and jordan in the same trip?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

was thinking the Maldives myself!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cham128
never a waste of time to spend a little time in lebanon

how about the jordanian border? you could do syria and jordan in the same trip?
Not a waste but I was hoping to use as few annual leave days as possible (save those for big trips) and take advantage of my location to make short trips at weekends... combining Syr/Leb or Syr/Jordan might be a little ambitious, no?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not a waste but I was hoping to use as few annual leave days as possible (save those for big trips) and take advantage of my location to make short trips at weekends... combining Syr/Leb or Syr/Jordan might be a little ambitious, no?
jordan maybe as it's a lot larger so petra aqaba and amman are lot further apart... lebanon is pretty small... you could pretty much see everything in about 5/6 days (not doing it properly of course) but you could easily do beirut in a day or two...

the only thing is i'm not sure if they've changed the syrian visa requirements since i was there... you may have to apply in advance now anyway... meaning everything i've said is completely irrelevant lol... I'll ask a friend of mine that works for the syrian embassy here if you need any more info
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
was thinking the Maldives myself!
yes I have to agree with that Ins
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaahhhhh Leb...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius
Aaaaahhhhh Leb...
I think you were enjoying a different part of the scenery whilst you were there lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.