Reload this Page >

Swimming Pool install in AD

Swimming Pool install in AD

Old Nov 12th 2013, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Vantort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swimming Pool install in AD

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a pool installer in Abu Dhabi. Most tend to be in Dubai - I'd like to start with ones in AD before trying the Dubai ones.

I'm looking to get quotes for a small fibreglass pool in our garden. Nothing major or OTT.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming Pool install in AD

do you own the property?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

No - we are renting. I've spoken to the managing agent who says they would like to see drawings to provide a letter of no objection. In principle - they have no objection to us putting one in.

The garden is currently basically a very large sandpit. So we need to landscape as a minimum.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vantort
No - we are renting. I've spoken to the managing agent who says they would like to see drawings to provide a letter of no objection. In principle - they have no objection to us putting one in.

The garden is currently basically a very large sandpit. So we need to landscape as a minimum.
Sounds like you are living the dream.

Word of advice- never ever invest anything into a rental property here. The landlord will be happy to kick you out next year so he can screw you or someone else on the rent. So:

Buy a massive inflatable pool from C4 and a pump - you can take it with you.

Put down fake grass - you can take it with you

Put plants in pots - you can take them with you

See the theme?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vantort

yes remember tho you may need to put it back to original condition, or of course, the landlord will like a pool in "his" garden that he didnt pay for, but of course if its in bad condition when you vacate it may cost you a lot to revert back
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice on mods. Noted.

I'm thinking that fibreglass pools can actually be easily removed and so can be moved to another property or even sold. That was actually one reason (along with cost) of doing fibreglass.

I'm fairly confident about not being kicked out (famous last words) as my employer basically rents most of the street.

Putting it back to original will only mean buying a couple of tonnes of sand. There really is nothing there now. Anything would be an improvement!