Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Swimming Clubs in Dubai

Swimming Clubs in Dubai

Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Crawfie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swimming Clubs in Dubai

Can anyone recommend a decent place to keep up with swimming - either pool or sea? I am on holiday after Christmas in Dubai with a view to finding a job but also to find out more about Dubai and make contacts. As a keen swimmer over here, would like to meet up with like minded people. This is purely social - no competitive swimming thanks. Merely swim to enable food and drink to be consumed at leisure.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 3:33 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming Clubs in Dubai

There is quite a strong current in the sea, so not ideal for swimmers asuch, there are plenty of hotels that offer memberships to residents to use their facilities. The Pyramids Club at Wafi is good, and they have a decent size swimming pool you can use, however it's used mostly by sun bathers! But plenty of people there do use it as an exercise pool. Not sure about swimming clubs, best to check in the Dubai Explorer book, which is a much if you're thinking about moving out here.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Crawfie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Swimming Clubs in Dubai

Originally Posted by GarethR
There is quite a strong current in the sea, so not ideal for swimmers asuch, there are plenty of hotels that offer memberships to residents to use their facilities. The Pyramids Club at Wafi is good, and they have a decent size swimming pool you can use, however it's used mostly by sun bathers! But plenty of people there do use it as an exercise pool. Not sure about swimming clubs, best to check in the Dubai Explorer book, which is a much if you're thinking about moving out here.
Thanks - perhaps I should have asked if there are any triathletes as usually the hog the pools. Dyu know of any triathlete clubs out there? Sad this is my priority when I should be trying to find a job!