Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Stupid Dubai banks

Stupid Dubai banks

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:59 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Stupid Dubai banks

Due to Dubai banks being completely useless, my December salary has disappeared into a big black hole in banking cyberspace.

So I won't be buying any rounds at the pub on Wednesday!!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:03 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dubai banks

Originally Posted by kristy
Due to Dubai banks being completely useless, my December salary has disappeared into a big black hole in banking cyberspace.

Its sloshing around with my money transfer, a years worth of accomodation money and my car allowance...b*****ds
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:04 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Its sloshing around with my money transfer, a years worth of accomodation money and my car allowance...b*****ds

Arse, which is the best bank to go with are they all this incompitent???
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:06 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Not only Dubai though... Doha same story. Once hubby transfer salary from Doha Bank to Barclays. Money from Doha account being taken off, did not get to Barclays for 3 weeks!!! :scared:
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:07 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
I have an account with Dubai bank.
It is the first transfer i have done with them, so i will allow them this one error..if they fluff it again then ill try NBD.

Check out dubai banks web site. i did the royal banking thingy...free credit cards and stuff.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:13 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
This is going from HSBC to Citibank. Not sure which is responsible for the cock up yet, and it's soooo frustrating as I was hoping to get it all transferred back to the UK and closed down before I leave.

HSBC already lost the payment instruction the first time I sent it so I'm thinking it's their incompetence on this one.

Fortunately as I'm in control of the work accounts I can ring up both sides and yell at everyone!!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

I have an account with Dubai bank.
It is the first transfer i have done with them, so i will allow them this one error..if they fluff it again then ill try NBD.

Check out dubai banks web site. i did the royal banking thingy...free credit cards and stuff.
why not try someone like citibank? I have an account with them in Germany and as they are present in Dubai this seems like the best option........for me.

But my point is, as they are one of the largest retail banks in the world, there online facilities are advanced and transactions abroad may not disappear (as often ) as transactions done via UAE banks.....
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:19 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by MCA27
But my point is, as they are one of the largest retail banks in the world, there online facilities are advanced and transactions abroad may not disappear (as often ) as transactions done via UAE banks.....
Yep, I think that if I have to leave the country before this gets sorted out, I can transfer online back to the UK so fingers crossed I'll get the money eventually.

Either that or JC will be having my ATM card and entrusted with withdrawing the cash and doing a transfer from his account!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:25 am
Up in the air

Yep, I think that if I have to leave the country before this gets sorted out, I can transfer online back to the UK so fingers crossed I'll get the money eventually.

Either that or JC will be having my ATM card and entrusted with withdrawing the cash and doing a transfer from his account!!!!
Nah.....he'll have his new 4x4 within a week.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:25 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

U will have to hold them responsible for that. How the hell cud they be so incompetant? Oh wait.... its the ME we r talking about. stupid loosers! JD has been having the same prob with the much talked about Dubai Bank.

Shame on them!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:27 am
Troublemaker

Nah.....he'll have his new 4x4 within a week.
Er, it's not that much! I think he could maybe afford to get the Matchbox version.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:27 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Er, it's not that much! I think he could maybe afford to get the Matchbox version.
That would be loads of them then!!! :scared:
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:32 am
Up in the air

We will cover all your drinks Kristy, dont worry
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:34 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

i second that!

dont u worry!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:39 am
Troublemaker

Heh heh, you might regret that offer!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.