Stung By Salik

Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Squabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really nice
Default Re: Stung By Salik

That's all true, what with getting kids in school etc, but no excuse, I was aware of it and had time to get it, I was the first to say it, I was stupid.

But...........
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:58 pm
W10

I get it.

Even fines which are not comparable are comparable in the greater scheme of things.

So a pure traffic congestion measure run by a different agency to the law enforcement agency, is directly comparable to police fines, points, licence confiscation etc.

And even though these police punishments for dangerous driving, when stacked up against the 'civilised world' compare pretty well, it is irrelevant because the financial penalty for a continued repeat offence of violating a traffic control measure is the same (after several offences as it is a sliding scale - remember dh100 for the first Salik fine) as that for a traffic offence (not withstanding the licence penalty, three times caught and you lose your licence)

Makes perfect sense.

I'm off to shout at my watchman for not paying my electricity bill

Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I get it.

Even fines which are not comparable are comparable in the greater scheme of things.

So a pure traffic congestion measure run by a different agency to the law enforcement agency, is directly comparable to police fines, points, licence confiscation etc.

And even though these police punishments for dangerous driving, when stacked up against the 'civilised world' compare pretty well, it is irrelevant because the financial penalty for a continued repeat offence of violating a traffic control measure is the same (after several offences as it is a sliding scale - remember dh100 for the first Salik fine) as that for a traffic offence (not withstanding the licence penalty, three times caught and you lose your licence)

Makes perfect sense.

I'm off to shout at my watchman for not paying my electricity bill
Welcome to Dubai.

Key learnings:
Attempting to shoehorn your logic into life in Dubai will only serve to frustrate.

I think we're done here - thread over.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

as you can with big traffic fines you can haggle them down, so perhaps the same may apply with the salik.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squabble
Don't laugh too hard Jock, since the Scottish national side are at home on the couch as well.
i find being called jock very offensive...especially from a retarded knuckledragging skint Ozzie

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Jun 14th 2008 at 5:00 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

I'm sure if you had said you'd driven over it 5 times the reaction wouldn't have been so strong but 25 times is over the top so you obviously not got your attention on the road...

....listen mate to cross the toll here is 4D which would have cost you triple to use the Sydney Harbour bridge and even more to use the Sydney tunnel....and just face it, if you had been stupid enough there you'd be paying an even higher fine....so yes poor you but move on and get a tag to stop any further fines and also when you go back to OZ in particular Sydney for future reference by an etag as soon as you arrive in Sydney or the same will happen to you there.