Stung By Salik

Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:03 am
W10

Default Re: Stung By Salik

Originally Posted by Squabble
W10, that relates to when I mentioned "diligence to enforce", this is just not apparent by the number of people that do it.
So start a separate thread about it, its not relevant or comparable to being caught by a fixed position camera.

You might as well say, I got caught by a speed camera doing 160kph and got a fine and black point, but some people run around carrying knives

Just raise the issue, don't make a comparison.

Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

What's stupid is not being able to distinguish between what costs money and what costs lives.

You just don't get it.
Neither do you. The Salik has nothing to do with the saving of living lives on Dubai's roads. It's completely seperate to what the police are doing about road safety. Yes, road safety is shocking and there should be higher fines and punishments meted out in my opinion. I'm saying that you should simply accept your punishment, because as you say, you know you're in the wrong.

Salik is an automated toll that is meant to be easy to use for even the most simple minded individuals, but I guess they didn't factor you into their plans...lol
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by W10
So start a separate thread about it, its not relevant or comparable to being caught by a fixed position camera.

You might as well say, I got caught by a speed camera doing 160kph and got a fine and black point, but some people run around carrying knives

Just raise the issue, don't make a comparison.

Spot on - my thoughts exactly!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Squabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really nice

Yes I F'n was, just ask my wife.

And if you're all so sick of my argument, stop replying, and I'll stop arguing.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Yes I F'n was, just ask my wife.

And if you're all so sick of my argument, stop replying, and I'll stop arguing.
Hm sounds like you can't handle being contradicted... Very poor reply for a discussion board.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:12 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Hm sounds like you can't handle being contradicted... Very poor reply for a discussion board.
What do you expect he is a man
Can never be wrong and always want the last word....

The right response should have been:
Oh my God...How much??? Thats horrific..cant believe they did that to you.....Bastards!:curse: You are totally right, write a letter of complaint to them!
Glad you warned us all on here so we dont get caught as well.....
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star

Oh my God...How much??? Thats horrific..cant believe they did that to you.....Bastards!:curse: You are totally right, write a letter of complaint to them!
Yes, dear....
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by twinkle-star

Lol very true
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Squabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really niceSquabble is just really nice

Of course it's relavent and the comparison is the issue, it's the efforts and resources put into one as compared to the other.

If knife crime were rampant and 5 year olds were playing with hunting knives then that may well have replaced my "Unrestrained kid" example if no real efforts were being made to combat it.

And begging your pardon, I have several times admitted I was wrong, but harping back to what I said before, fines for evading tolls should not be more than fines for risking lives. Male, female, black, white or brindle, makes no difference, this is not wrong.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Of course it's relavent and the comparison is the issue, it's the efforts and resources put into one as compared to the other.

If knife crime were rampant and 5 year olds were playing with hunting knives then that may well have replaced my "Unrestrained kid" example if no real efforts were being made to combat it.

And begging your pardon, I have several times admitted I was wrong, but harping back to what I said before, fines for evading tolls should not be more than fines for risking lives. Male, female, black, white or brindle, makes no difference, this is not wrong.
Your argument is flawed and repetitive...read W10's response again...don't just argue for the sake of it.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

pinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nice

I've been in Dubai for 3 months, my wife and I bought a car a month ago, am I the only :curse:ing idiot who's been driving without a tag.

I was aware of the tag but thought it would be a relatively small fine, not the 10,000 AED we now have to pay. Why is it they allow you to merrily rack up a fortune and not try to notify you?

If it's this much, why isn't this :curse:ing explained, why don't they :curse:ing issue them with rego, why do they have 2 :curse:ing smiling faces on their bus adds as though a salik tag is a nice-to-have rather than the :curse:ing knee capping it is. At least the mafia dress menacing.

NOTE TO SALIK MARKETING:
100 the first, 200 the second and 400 EVERY time after that.
Put that on the side of your :curse:ing bus and I guarantee you'll increase the sign-up rate.
I too was stung by Salik to the tune of 4k AED. I was running around so much in the first several weeks of my stay in Dubai sorting out logistics the salik toll system completely passed me by. When I did start noticing signs I did not realise that Dubai would be so advanced to be using RFID process toll payments and assumed that I was missing the toll gates somehow as I was not hitting a barrier with some unsmiling arab sitting in a booth asking for cash...

Its a drop in the ocean compared to my $10k company mobile phone bill for the month which my company is not paying...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Please elaborate on exactly how it is flawed and by repetative, I assume you mean consistent, as it is supposed to be, so thank you.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:50 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

fines for evading tolls should not be more than fines for risking lives.
And they aren't.

Fine for driving repeatedly through Salik: 400 each time
Driving dangerously or racing: 2,000
Reckless driving: 2,000
Running a red light: 800 first time, 1,500 each time after

&c.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:53 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, what effort and resources were expended to thwart the the Great SALIK Swindle, Chief Inspector........

"Well, we automatically run vehicle registration number identification software thru the digital pics taken automatically by the cameras placed at the toll gates... "

Not much effort required to catch an idiot.......

Or maybe you want us to have a whip-round on your behalf??
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

I love this thread!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.