British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Studying in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/studying-dubai-604025/)

FunnyFeline Apr 17th 2009 3:21 pm

Studying in Dubai

Am curious to know if anyone has done any night classes/daytime/part-time studying in Dubai? From pottery to piano lessons to physics? Just wondering if the colleges/schools do adult eduction of this sort.

Alternatively, is there anyone studying via an online course - open university, etc?

Just curious, as I love developing my skills, but not sure which route to take yet.

Thanks! :D

typical Apr 17th 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Studying in Dubai

Heaps of options at the places around Knowledge Village...

Roadking Apr 17th 2009 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7488279)
Am curious to know if anyone has done any night classes/daytime/part-time studying in Dubai? From pottery to piano lessons to physics? Just wondering if the colleges/schools do adult eduction of this sort.

Alternatively, is there anyone studying via an online course - open university, etc?

Just curious, as I love developing my skills, but not sure which route to take yet.

Assuming you are female, really depends on the skills you are looking to develop. I may have a few sugge....

Aaah, shit, Mrs RK is back.

*Whistles innocently*

TGFKASE Apr 17th 2009 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7488994)
Assuming you are female, really depends on the skills you are looking to develop. I may have a few sugge....

Aaah, shit, Mrs RK is back.

*Whistles innocently*

Is that you advertising the Open RKVersity?????

Roadking Apr 17th 2009 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7489046)
Is that you advertising the Open RKVersity?????

Nothing Open about it mate. Strictly a close educational establishment. Gotta protect what little rep I have!

TGFKASE Apr 17th 2009 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7489050)
Nothing Open about it mate. Strictly a close educational establishment. Gotta protect what little rep I have!

Ahh.. To be ensconced in the leafy quadrangles, arguing Nietzchse whilst sampling a delicate cup of Oolong whilst taking tiffin....

Roadking Apr 17th 2009 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7489112)
Ahh.. To be ensconced in the leafy quadrangles, arguing Nietzchse whilst sampling a delicate cup of Oolong whilst taking tiffin....

Errm, with 16 and 7 year olds? Hows about the value of Vodka over Gin?

Simple pleasures. hmmm hmmmm!

TGFKASE Apr 17th 2009 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7489134)
Errm, with 16 and 7 year olds? Hows about the value of Vodka over Gin?

Simple pleasures. hmmm hmmmm!

You run St Trinians?????

Roadking Apr 17th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7489186)
You run St Trinians?????

Got kicked out for too much discipline

TGFKASE Apr 17th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7489193)
Got kicked out for too much discipline

Nothing wrong with a little discipline, I used to tell my fag....

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7488279)

plenty of that sort of stuff around, you can study on line anywhere in the world, go for it FF :)

Kim67 Apr 18th 2009 7:12 am

The ladies who teach my daughter cello and singing have adult students, just starting out. Cello is pretty expensive though it you find out you don't like it and you've paid out thousands on your instrument. They teach privately in the Greens. Singing teacher also teaches Saxaphone.