Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Studio apartment in Doha for QAR 2500?

Studio apartment in Doha for QAR 2500?

Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:57 am
Just Joined

HelloDoha is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Studio apartment in Doha for QAR 2500?

Do know anywhere in Doha where I could get a studio apartment for a rent of QAR 2500 or less?
Alternatively, anyone you know who is looking for an apartment / has an apartment and would like to share it ?
Old Sep 20th 2014, 2:59 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Studio apartment in Doha for QAR 2500?

Originally Posted by HelloDoha
Do know anywhere in Doha where I could get a studio apartment for a rent of QAR 2500 or less?
Alternatively, anyone you know who is looking for an apartment / has an apartment and would like to share it ?
First question, no chance, a one bed furnished flat in Doha will likely cost you QAR6k/m. You might be able to drop this to say QAR5k/m outside the city, in say Al Wakra/ Al Wukair (grim places).
Old Sep 20th 2014, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

HelloDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
First question, no chance, a one bed furnished flat in Doha will likely cost you QAR6k/m. You might be able to drop this to say QAR5k/m outside the city, in say Al Wakra/ Al Wukair (grim places).
Hi Johnyboy,
Thanks for taking out time to respond. I checked out a place in Ezdan in Al Wakrah today. Its 4K (they are increasing it 5.3K from January) for a fully furnished 2 BHK (Fridge, TV, Bed, Sofa, Washing Machine, Cooking Range, Micorwave etc. They have swimming pool, gym, pool table and covered parking within the complex. This also includes Electricity, Water and Maintenance.

If I share this with someone, I pay 2000. So that brings it within reach.
I'm only thinking can I find something like this within Doha?
If not, to keep myself happy, I'll tell myself that Wakrah is "peaceful"

The search is on...
Old Sep 21st 2014, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Virtually impossible to get a accom at that rate here , you might get lucky with a 12 person villa share but i doubt it . Breaking the Ezdan rate down like you did has no correlation with the outside market rate for apartments and studios here in Doha , it's astronomical and getting worse .

I have guys working for me from the sub-continent who have families here with them and they're struggling to find anything under 4500 in Wakra that's legit and that's one or the most cheaper areas in Doha , anything cheaper than that will mean dossing down in a manhole.

You'll get cheaper illegal partitioned villas with no contracts and cash upfront but i wouldn't risk my mind , body or soul on that option.

Good Luck , your best bet is a share of some description , you'll probably get as many mushrooms as you want for breakfast at that rate ....

Off the back of the bog door
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

girlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of lightgirlnextdoor is a glorious beacon of light

let me know if you find something at QAR2.5K !
Have spents months looking... and nothing below QAR6K for something nearly decent.