Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Strange but somewhat skilled jobs

Strange but somewhat skilled jobs

Old May 16th 2005, 9:07 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strange but somewhat skilled jobs

Something different for a change. I had to visit Subic Bay today and the journey was somewhat intersting to say the least. One part was by gypny - a sort of self made diy bus that holds as many as can be crammed in. Anyway the drivers have to be superman, change gear, dodge thousands of other jypnies, take money from passsengers, give change and keep checking out the back to make sure no passengers hop it without paying. This is all done on the move and they have noted folded and tucked betwen each pair of fingers so that giving change is easy.

Its actually poetry in motion and takes a long time to learn the skill. Leaves the dubai taxi drivers skills (or lack of) standing.

dyu know any other strange but skilled jobs?
Old May 16th 2005, 10:11 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange but somewhat skilled jobs

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Something different for a change. I had to visit Subic Bay today and the journey was somewhat intersting to say the least. One part was by gypny - a sort of self made diy bus that holds as many as can be crammed in. Anyway the drivers have to be superman, change gear, dodge thousands of other jypnies, take money from passsengers, give change and keep checking out the back to make sure no passengers hop it without paying. This is all done on the move and they have noted folded and tucked betwen each pair of fingers so that giving change is easy.

Its actually poetry in motion and takes a long time to learn the skill. Leaves the dubai taxi drivers skills (or lack of) standing.

A friend of mine in the UK collects dead bodies from train tracks and motorways.
His family own a funeral home, and he is tasked with collecting all the body parts. He had to deal with a "jumper" at woking station, most the body parts they found but the head was missing. He found it 3 hours later wedged between the carriages at waterloo. Apparently he cannot leave the scene of an accident til every thing is found.

He tells me it is a very skilled job and a dying art.

fact
Old May 16th 2005, 11:01 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
and a dying art
- Another cheap shot like that one and I'm gonna have to hurt you...
Old May 16th 2005, 11:06 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
- Another cheap shot like that one and I'm gonna have to hurt you...
Sorry,best i could do.....am dead on my feet today.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:08 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

errrrrrrrrrrmmmmm..... how about the folks that work in pit stops during GP's? they have 2 b highly skilled to get the cars rolling in 10 seconds or less.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:10 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry,best i could do.....am dead on my feet today.
Thats grave news. I hope it passes
Old May 16th 2005, 11:16 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Face81
errrrrrrrrrrmmmmm..... how about the folks that work in pit stops during GP's? they have 2 b highly skilled to get the cars rolling in 10 seconds or less.
The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew yesterday. The
announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the UK
Government's Youth Opportunity Scheme and employ people from Liverpool.

The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how
unemployed youths from Liverpool area were able to remove a set of wheels in
less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing
crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of euros worth of high tech
equipment.

Prime Minister Tony Blair went on record as saying this was a
bold move by the Ferrari management, which demonstrated the international
recognition of the UK under New Labour.

As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari now have the
advantage over every team. However, Ferrari may have got more than they
bargained for. At the crew's first practice session the Liverpool pit
crew successfully changed the tyres in under 6 seconds, but within 12
seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged, and sold the vehicle to the
McLaren Team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilo of speed and some photos of
Coulthard's bird in the shower.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:17 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Strange but somewhat skilled jobs

I have a freind that had worked for 10 years on the big cruise ships as a magic act pulling rabbits out of hats, he lost his job and now pulls hares out of his bum!!!
Old May 16th 2005, 11:19 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all

equipment.

leave it you woolyback!!!!
Old May 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

equipment.

thats not allowed its a repeat of a post 2 days ago.

I'm disgusted (& from tunbridge wells strangely)

Ther'll be trouble if u do that again JD
Old May 17th 2005, 5:37 am
Up in the air

thats not allowed its a repeat of a post 2 days ago.

I'm disgusted (& from tunbridge wells strangely)

Ther'll be trouble if u do that again JD
My apologies..but at least i repeated my post and not someone elses..
Old May 17th 2005, 6:54 am
Premium Member

My apologies..but at least i repeated my post and not someone elses..
Touche..again

How r u mate......
Old May 17th 2005, 6:56 am
Up in the air

Touche..again

How r u mate......
Surviving...............