Reload this Page >

Stepdaughter wants to move to Dubai

Stepdaughter wants to move to Dubai

Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

topcat1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stepdaughter wants to move to Dubai

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me. My stepdaughter has come to Dubai on holiday and has now decided that she wants to stay and look for work.

Firstly, how long can she stay in Dubai on her visa on arrival before she has to exit the country? Is it 30 days or 60 days? If 30 days can she get an extension?

Secondly, can my husband sponsor her and is this able to be done whilst she is in the country?

She is a UK national.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stepdaughter wants to move to Dubai

Originally Posted by topcat1972
I wonder if anyone can help me. My stepdaughter has come to Dubai on holiday and has now decided that she wants to stay and look for work.
Does she have any qualifications? What age is she? there are plenty of promo type jobs out there if she is a bit of a looker.

Firstly, how long can she stay in Dubai on her visa on arrival before she has to exit the country? Is it 30 days or 60 days? If 30 days can she get an extension?
30 days apparently (so says google). You used to be able to extend it once at immigration for a fee. After that you need to do visa runs to Oman, however, these are pretty cheap and are out and then straight back in.

Technically though she shouldn't be working on a tourist visa and the fines are pretty healthy.

Secondly, can my husband sponsor her and is this able to be done whilst she is in the country?

She is a UK national.
Does he have UAE residency? If so I don't see why not, although sponsorship isn't something I know too much about.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks jam25mack, she is a stunner and has done various modelling work back in the UK. She is 21 and has qualifications in housing and obviously GCSE's. She was recently working for Volkswagen as a Sales Executive. She will not be working until she gets her UAE residency but is just looking at options at the moment.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jam25mack, she is a stunner and has done various modelling work back in the UK. She is 21 and has qualifications in housing and obviously GCSE's. She was recently working for Volkswagen as a Sales Executive. She will not be working until she gets her UAE residency but is just looking at options at the moment.
We if shes a stunner then she'll have no problem getting promo work. When she's ready give me a PM as a friend of mine runs the girls that do all the events and I'll pass her contact details over. Not what you'd call great money but not shocking either. Also, she'll make some friends.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Thank you jam25mack you have been a great help. We are starting the ball rolling next week for her residency.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 1:03 pm
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

See web site for gotoursdubai.com who do the Visa run to Oman ( others also do this) for what are usually latest regulations. As of January with a Brit. passport you had to renew between 30 and 40 days - not before and if after - you get fined. If you go out during the first 30 days and come back again before end of 30 days you are still on the same Visa.

Last edited by Sabi Star; Feb 4th 2017 at 1:10 pm.