Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Star Wars comes to life in Dubai...

Star Wars comes to life in Dubai...

Old Jan 16th 2005, 5:37 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Star Wars comes to life in Dubai...

I am sure that by know all of u have heard about the new airport coming up in Jebel Ali.... I was absolutely stunned to learn about the brand new CITY that is going to come up around the new airport.... It is going to have 850 sky scrapers around it!!!!

Shocking, isnt it?

I found these artists impressions of the new Jebel Ali City... it looks like something out of Star Wars, dont u think?

Someone actually compared His Highness to a Jedi Knight.... wot do u reckon? lol

Stunning new project. I love it!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:43 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Star Wars comes to life in Dubai...

Originally Posted by Face81
I am sure that by know all of u have heard about the new airport coming up in Jebel Ali.... I was absolutely stunned to learn about the brand new CITY that is going to come up around the new airport.... It is going to have 850 sky scrapers around it!!!!

Someone actually compared His Highness to a Jedi Knight.... wot do u reckon? lol

Stunning new project. I love it!
I would be reluctant to liken a popular member of the ruling family to Senator Palpatine, a dark Sith Lord and future evil Emperor of the galactic republic....but that's just me.

I do know what you mean though!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

beats milton keynes then...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:25 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I would be reluctant to liken a popular member of the ruling family to Senator Palpatine, a dark Sith Lord and future evil Emperor of the galactic republic....but that's just me.

I do know what you mean though!
tis shocking how similar they look. lol
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:25 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah....... guess it does. lol
Old Jan 17th 2005, 8:10 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
yeah....... guess it does. lol
See ur keeping in touch with ya roots Face......hope all is well.......when u return in a couple of months I trust u will be fluent in rhyming sland and have a south london accent off pat.

Shouldn't Yoda have started this thread??

Cheers
TS
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
What do you mean? Milton Keynes has the highest proliferation of roundabouts and numbered streets in all of England. And the shopping centre - cunningly designed to look like a skyscraper that fell down (and planned with the same finesse), and who can deny the genius of the mugger friendly footpaths?

The place is as close to utopia as it gets!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The place is as close to utopia as it gets!
errr....it's a dump....now ya gonna say your from there aren't ya? *lol*
But they do have a footie team now....a shite one though...but better than my old team
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
errr....it's a dump....now ya gonna say your from there aren't ya? *lol*
But they do have a footie team now....a shite one though...but better than my old team
I spent my early years on a rough council estate in Luton...anywhere except downtown Bagdad is well posh in my eyes
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:09 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent my early years on a rough council estate in Luton...anywhere except downtown Bagdad is well posh in my eyes
lol ... hv u been to Baghdad then Norm?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by novita77
lol ... hv u been to Baghdad then Norm?
heart of the ME.....at least at one point weren't it *lol*
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:43 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Most of my family don't travel much ... for some reason they always think that Qatar is next door with Baghdad.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:12 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
See ur keeping in touch with ya roots Face......hope all is well.......when u return in a couple of months I trust u will be fluent in rhyming sland and have a south london accent off pat.

Shouldn't Yoda have started this thread??

Cheers
TS
Awr-rite m8? lol

Appologize does Yoda for not having compared HH and the Jedi Knight. On a holiday on Mars was I. Proud I am of Face for informing the world of this project so great. lol

Hope ur ok m8. Its good here. Cold isnt so cold and the rain is so insignificant when compared to our downpours....... I hear there is some rain headed ur way this week. Enjoy that while I enjoy the sun here
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Bob
No and I have no travel plans at the moment...