Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches

Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches

Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:01 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I would never pay that Kitty, never, it is for my client, I am doing relocation work
gosh, you had me worried there for a moment!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theduke
Thanks for that everyone much appreciated.

KIM67 where have you ended up living then?
Al Barsha
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:46 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kim67
Al Barsha
Thanks, I have a rent budget of 300DHS per yr and need 3 bedroom place near schools for my kids(if I can get them into them), sounds like there may be some space soon though with everyone moving,

Obviously if I can get a decent place cheaper all the better.

Cheers
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I have a rent budget of 300DHS per yr and need 3 bedroom place near schools for my kids(if I can get them into them), sounds like there may be some space soon though with everyone moving,

Obviously if I can get a decent place cheaper all the better.

Cheers
How old are your kids? Friends of mine just moved from Aus and the only school they could get their kids into (lower primary) was Star International, in Umm Al Sheif, it's a new school and apparently still taking kids.

We have three kids who are in primary at Raffles International - the school is new and has been having some teething problems so some parents have taken their kids out, so worth trying for places there too.

We've ended up in a compound of about 46 villas, it has a couple of pools and a gym, villas are 4bed, study and maids room and are pretty spacious. They're brand new though and the workmanship is pretty shoddy, we've had blocked loo's and no shower pressure, but again, the problems are slowly sorting themselves out. They are 350k AED per annum by the way.

I had a look at some 3 bed plus study in the Springs about a month ago and they ranged between 300-350k but were much smaller than this place. You won't really know what you can get until you get here and check out the place because everyone's needs and wants are different I guess.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:45 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kim67
How old are your kids? Friends of mine just moved from Aus and the only school they could get their kids into (lower primary) was Star International, in Umm Al Sheif, it's a new school and apparently still taking kids.

We have three kids who are in primary at Raffles International - the school is new and has been having some teething problems so some parents have taken their kids out, so worth trying for places there too.

We've ended up in a compound of about 46 villas, it has a couple of pools and a gym, villas are 4bed, study and maids room and are pretty spacious. They're brand new though and the workmanship is pretty shoddy, we've had blocked loo's and no shower pressure, but again, the problems are slowly sorting themselves out. They are 350k AED per annum by the way.

I had a look at some 3 bed plus study in the Springs about a month ago and they ranged between 300-350k but were much smaller than this place. You won't really know what you can get until you get here and check out the place because everyone's needs and wants are different I guess.
Hi Kim

Our kids are 9 & 10 wondering whether to leave them in NZ with their mum for a couple of months till I sort everything out, although the new school year starts here in February so not keen on sending them to new year at school esp my daughter as she will be starting Intermediate and all the cost of new uniform etc etc for a month or so would be pointless.

So any help on schools housing much appreciated.

Andy
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Kim

Our kids are 9 & 10 wondering whether to leave them in NZ with their mum for a couple of months till I sort everything out, although the new school year starts here in February so not keen on sending them to new year at school esp my daughter as she will be starting Intermediate and all the cost of new uniform etc etc for a month or so would be pointless.

So any help on schools housing much appreciated.

Andy
Hi Duke - I'd recommend bringing the kids and your wife with you to find a school. Most of the schools won't offer you a place until the kids arrive and have sat an assessment (don't think it really means much but they need to go through the formality). We got the school first and then the place to live so that I wouldn't be spending hours on end in traffic for school pickup and dropoff. If your wife or yourself logon to expatwoman.com, there is a list of schools in Dubai, along with links to their websites. Contact as many as you can to get a feel for who has places and who doesn't - it changes from one week to the next. Good luck.