British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/springs-meadows-vs-ranches-572400/)

theduke Nov 11th 2008 3:24 am

Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches

Just been guaranteed 4yrs work in Dubai and was wondering what the difference was in Your opinion the differences between these 2 areas.

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 3:25 am

Re: Springs/Meadows v's A Ranches

Originally Posted by theduke (Post 6960790)
Just been guaranteed 4yrs work in Dubai and was wondering what the difference was in Your opinion the differences between these 2 areas.

their location :)

MataHari Nov 11th 2008 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6960792)
their location :)

lol...

W10 Nov 11th 2008 3:33 am

Springs: Purgatory (as previously mentioned by me...living in the Springs is like admitting you've given up on life)

Meadows: Springs with bigger (and squarer) detatched houses

A Ranches: Springs with a golf course and stables nearby and the sound of motor-racing every weekend

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 3:40 am

depends on where you are working as well, I prefer the Springs/Meadows purely because of their location, the Ranches is a tad out but it works for the people who are living there because they won't admit that the traffic is an issue :) however things are somewhat better since the opening of the new interchange :)

NorthernLad Nov 11th 2008 4:35 am

Originally Posted by theduke (Post 6960790)

It seems to be generally a love/hate thing for most people here.

We're in Ranches, the houses themselves are nice, but I can see how some people can't stand the idea of being in the Truman Show.

From the places I've seen in both areas, Ranches build quality is better although far from perfect.

The Ranches is a little further out but now takes me about 30 minutes to get to DIC which is not bad.

It's starting to get bad again on an evening though, I guess it'll be a few more years before they finish the work off :)

Just waiting for Global Village to start now to see how the interchange copes.

Kim67 Nov 11th 2008 5:14 am

I stayed at the Ranches for the first couple of months here. The villas seem to be bigger and nicer than what I've seen in Springs/Meadows, but too far away from everything for me. In another country it mightn't seem so far but driving to school and sporting activities, seven days a week in Dubai traffic, it can seem like the end of the earth. We ended up not going for one of the gated communities and moving into a compound villa, closer to school, shops etc and where I won't spend half my day battling the traffic, especially at school pickup and dropoff when every other mother in Dubai is leaving their AR, Springs/Meadows villa at the same time.

Hello.Kitty Nov 11th 2008 5:27 am

Also, it's worth knowing that the lower Springs numbers (Springs 4, 5, 6) are newer and far less established than the higher numbers (12, 13, 14)... the higher numbers are pretty lush imo, but when we were looking, the only things available were in the lower numbers and backing onto the 6/8 lane highway. When I mean new, it's that the vegetation isn't established, so it looks bleak.

Keep an open mind about it!

theduke Nov 11th 2008 8:24 am

Thanks for that everyone much appreciated.

KIM67 where have you ended up living then?

property_1 Nov 11th 2008 8:30 am

Good luck with your move !!
There are some fantastic villas in both locations don't listen to the sceptics !!
Great deals to be had at the moment as well.
Dependant on your budget I would say Meadows is prob the nicest.
Hope this helps.
If you need to acctually speak to me leave a contact number and I will call you or call me 050 6556403
Greg :thumbsup:

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 8:34 am

I am looking for a three bed in Jumeirah, you know of any?

property_1 Nov 11th 2008 8:52 am

To rent or Buy ??

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by property_1 (Post 6961338)
To rent or Buy ??

rent budget of 350k :eek:

Hello.Kitty Nov 11th 2008 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6961538)
rent budget of 350k :eek:

do you hear what you're saying, yer mad lady?!

:p

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 6961556)
do you hear what you're saying, yer mad lady?!

:p

I would never pay that Kitty, never, it is for my client, I am doing relocation work :)