Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Springs, meadows and lakes

Springs, meadows and lakes

Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Springs, meadows and lakes

Someone said they'd be interested in this but I can't recall who so it's posted here for all if it's any use.

http://groups.msn.com/TheSpringsMead...s/messageboard

Residents web forum.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:45 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springs, meadows and lakes

Hi Kelvyn

I think it was me!

Very informative - cheers mate

Zannie x
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:40 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, thanks for the link, that was the highlight of my afternoon, some great laughs at their plights, i feel sort of sorry for all those people, they don't have a single nice thing to say about those homes that they have bought, and to think that in 2 years they will be worth 1/2 of what they paid for them. Then again, most people I have met who have bought there wouldn't know an investment yield from a yield sign on a highway, so they'll just learn the hard way, shame they have to put up with so much crap just to live though.

Next time somebody asks me about property in those communities i'm just going to give them the link to that site. Enough on there to dissuade even the most moronic prospective purchaser.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
wow, thanks for the link, that was the highlight of my afternoon, some great laughs at their plights, i feel sort of sorry for all those people, they don't have a single nice thing to say about those homes that they have bought, and to think that in 2 years they will be worth 1/2 of what they paid for them. Then again, most people I have met who have bought there wouldn't know an investment yield from a yield sign on a highway, so they'll just learn the hard way, shame they have to put up with so much crap just to live though.

Next time somebody asks me about property in those communities i'm just going to give them the link to that site. Enough on there to dissuade even the most moronic prospective purchaser.
I hear what you say but then again....people don't tend to log into such a site to make positive comments do they....?
I'm sure there's plenty of people stoked to be living there.
It's not for me though - lived there 3 months and it did my head in.

I'm sure people in the marina have complaints too.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:44 pm
W10

Originally Posted by kelvynd

It does my head in all the time, but I'm sure the marina isn't much better to be honest.

Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:08 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the marina, and trust me, our problems are jokes compared to the complaints from the neighbors across SZR.

From what it seems to, the service we receive in response to complaints is much quicker too, i've had everything that broke (i was first tenant in my unit) fixed pretty quickly, and if they say i have to pay i just tell them i've lived there less than a year and they go away.

For instance, they had turned down the A/C in the common areas to save $$, which, as some of you probably know, causes condensation if the other sides of walls/floors/ceilings is cooler. There was a mildew growth on the ceiling of the common area.

I wrote an e-mail at around 3:30 notifying emrill of the problem and threatening a letter to gn, kt, and 7d. I also told them that to eliminate the problem all they had to do was lower the temperature in the common area. I got home at 6:30, the ceiling had been sanded, repainted, and it was noticable cooler in the common area of my floor.

Now the growing cracks in my walls are a different story, but again, that's why i'm glad i rent, they dont' bother me, and i'll be gone before they are a big problem.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I hear what you say but then again....people don't tend to log into such a site to make positive comments do they....?
I'm sure there's plenty of people stoked to be living there.

The number of complaints is tiny compared to the number of people living there but the content majority don't go to the trouble of posting on a web site. I don't think there are any more problems over there (or at the Marina) than you would get in a simiarly sized new development elsewhere in the world.

Like TA5 I've always found Emrill quick to respond to problems in the Marina. I reported an A/C leak at 1am and they came around to fix it within 30 mins.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5

Well, I have to give you full marks for consistency. You've been predicting an "imminent" house price crash since I started reading this site 8 months ago, despite all the evidence to the contary. I'm still waiting, and I believe prices at the Springs are still steadily rising.

As for the amount of crap they have to put up with "just to live", I'm sure almost everybody who has rented in Dubai has at least one landlord horror story. Rising rents, poor maintenance, eviction at short notice etc etc.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 2:56 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Well, I have to give you full marks for consistency. You've been predicting an "imminent" house price crash since I started reading this site 8 months ago, despite all the evidence to the contary. I'm still waiting, and I believe prices at the Springs are still steadily rising.

As for the amount of crap they have to put up with "just to live", I'm sure almost everybody who has rented in Dubai has at least one landlord horror story. Rising rents, poor maintenance, eviction at short notice etc etc.

Give me real evidence and i'll be a believer.

I'm sure most have, however, at the prices that these developments are charging for their new units, the maintenance charges, etc, these are supposed to be the housing in Dubai that doesn't have problems.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 3:21 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

wow, real debate....love it!!!!!!!!

I have a bud who was the first person to live in Springs 2 and loves it.....not even a single snag.... (gotta say I think he is using some artistic license).

The fountains at the marina are good if u have small kids...they spend hours chasing them!!

One question...whats happening to the service charges everywhere...have the charges per sq ft changed in the Marina or are they fixed....

10,000 new apartments in the next 30 mths...the rents gotta go down

&........ I like the Marooj.... lol.... its but a walk to work (when the weathers a bit cooler mind you) and the neighbours only drop the occasional egg on our balcony..........

So.......... whats gonna happen when golden sands area is put up for sale in 6 mths..... any takers?? mjc??

Take it easy

TS
Old Aug 14th 2005, 3:36 pm
W10

Can't wait for my lease to run out at the Springs to be honest. It's just too much like suburban hell for my tastes.

Need to move closer to work really.

Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

One person's suburban Hell is another person's suburban paradise. I wouldn't fancy it myself but I know a few people who have bought over there and are quite happy. They aren't really bothered about investment returns (although they seem to be doing okay), they just wanted somewhere nice to live.

The maintenace charge at the Marina (and the Greens) is presently under review, but I can only see it moving in one direction.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:05 pm
W10

I agree - the Stepford Wives all seem happy enough. Just not my cup of tea.

Experience is probably soured by the fact I am one of those souls who has had nothing but problems with the villa I am in, and struggle to get the maintenance people to do anything. Thank god I'm renting.

Any room at Marooj next year?

Last edited by W10; Aug 14th 2005 at 4:09 pm.

Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:09 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I agree - the Stepford Wives all seem happy enough. Just not my cup of tea.

Any room at Marooj next year?

You wont know unless you ask.... Its a nice place, good facilitys and location is great!
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:16 pm
W10

Yep. I could walk to work in the winter.

Excellent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.