Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Springs/Green Community - Confused- Where to Live 4 Family Life !

Springs/Green Community - Confused- Where to Live 4 Family Life !

Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:52 am
Just Joined

jimmy.guilfoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Springs/Green Community - Confused- Where to Live 4 Family Life !

Hi Everyone

Im in Dubai just now and I have been very fortunate for the last 3 months to be living with a friends who lives on the Arabian Ranches (Al Reem 2)

Ive been free-lancing while they (Company) sort my Job offer out.

Its nearly sorted so a move to Dubai looks on the cards.

So as I say, all Ive seen of these expat communities is the Arabian ranches which is very very nice for families and not walkable to Le Marchet from Al Reem2.

I have a 2 year old daughter so family living is very very important.

Now where else would you recommend living in Dubai from a family perspective?

Ive heard the Green Community is much nicer, greener , walkable distance to local community shops etc.

This (local shop access) may be important for a settling in period from my wife's perspective as I dont want her to be couped up in the house while I'm in the office,of course she will have a car , but can you remember your 1st month in Dubai...scary

What about the springs or emirate hills?

I do like the Ranches but is there more to life than the ranches?

We will need a 3 bed villa and I plan on driving around these places to see what they have to offer now that things look a little more certain.

I would appreciate if anyone can offer their opinion from a family perspective on some of the other places to live.

Many thanks

Jimmy
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Springs/Green Community - Confused- Where to Live 4 Family Life !

[QUOTE=jimmy.guilfoyle;7842267]Hi Everyone

Im in Dubai just now and I have been very fortunate for the last 3 months to be living with a friends who lives on the Arabian Ranches (Al Reem 2)

Seems to me you should get out more and do some ground work on potential areas.

Thats what I did mny years ago!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Jim Smith;7842541]
Originally Posted by jimmy.guilfoyle
Hi Everyone

Seems to me you should get out more and do some ground work on potential areas.

Thats what I did mny years ago!
Jim - Forums are for asking for advice opinions etc.

Thats what I have done. If you have nothing usefull to add then dont waste your time talking fekin nonsense.

Does anyone have any sensible comments apart from the obvious that I need to go looking around which tells me nothing apart from "it looks like a nice area"

Thanks

Jimmy
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:46 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, Jimmy, be fair. If you had not arrived here yet, you may have had a few more constructive posts to help you out.....

But you have been here over 3 months, commuting back and fore to AR.. You never once thought about having a wee drive around Springs / Meadows area to have a look for yourself?

I was going to say they are ok, but you obviously want someone to do way more investigating on your behalf for you....
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Come on, Jimmy, be fair. If you had not arrived here yet, you may have had a few more constructive posts to help you out.....

But you have been here over 3 months, commuting back and fore to AR.. You never once thought about having a wee drive around Springs / Meadows area to have a look for yourself?

I was going to say they are ok, but you obviously want someone to do way more investigating on your behalf for you....
Fairpoint maybe I was a bit harsh on Jim-

I am now going to drive around but I wasnt/couldnt commit any time as my company were dragging their heels on my contract and to be honest Ive been working 12/14hr days (sometimes more) and sometimes 7 days per week (Thats Dubai Metro for you) and the last thing I wanted to do when I did have time off was drive around.

Many thanks for the advice ... sort off :-)
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - am in a similar position to yours. Am here, waiting for wife and kids to come over and doing some scouting. Have made it out to the Greens/Springs and even Mirdiff (which I loved - but just to far out at the moment - maybe next year, once wife knows here way around and what she likes). I havent actually signed anything yet - waiting for visa - but I'd have to say, I preferred The Greens to The Springs (I really hoped I wouldnt and that people were wrong about the Springs being small/poky/poorly constructed - they were right, i think). The Greens just feels like a really nice, safe environment with lovely internal pool/lake views.

I'm almost decided on The Greens but am goign to take a look at JBR and DM - as have heard lots of good things about them (but we have 2 v young kids, so will prob go for the safer, Greens option)

Best of luck
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Hi there - am in a similar position to yours. Am here, waiting for wife and kids to come over and doing some scouting. Have made it out to the Greens/Springs and even Mirdiff (which I loved - but just to far out at the moment - maybe next year, once wife knows here way around and what she likes). I havent actually signed anything yet - waiting for visa - but I'd have to say, I preferred The Greens to The Springs (I really hoped I wouldnt and that people were wrong about the Springs being small/poky/poorly constructed - they were right, i think). The Greens just feels like a really nice, safe environment with lovely internal pool/lake views.

I'm almost decided on The Greens but am goign to take a look at JBR and DM - as have heard lots of good things about them (but we have 2 v young kids, so will prob go for the safer, Greens option)

Best of luck
Do you mean Green Community? No lakes at Greens - not that I'm aware off.
Green community is difficulty to get out off with high traffic volumes at peak times.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

I do mean greens. Travo tower (internal view) - has a view across the pool and there is a lake behind it..... i swear
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

or maybe a canal... but water anyway....
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
I do mean greens. Travo tower (internal view) - has a view across the pool and there is a lake behind it..... i swear
gosh - must have a look

I think with 2 young kids it will be pretty easy for your wife to met people - so I'd say anywhere would suit where people have young kids(play areas & pool a must).

We live in the (poorly constructed) springs - but the kids are 10 & 8 - they cycle around the lake and we have a park & pool nearby. They have a few friends in area - but we lost a lot of neighbours recently - but lots of new ones have been coming in. I feel its safe enough for them - they obviously aren't allowed anywhere near the main roads.

good luck
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:10 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates Hills is mega mega expensive.

Mind you, if you bothered to go there for a look, it would become apparent.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

haha. he has a point.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates Hills? The Springs? The Green Community?

Have you seen that movie "The Truman Show"?