British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Spouse and working (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/spouse-working-582716/)

ddavies73 Jan 8th 2009 2:29 pm

Spouse and working

My wife is getting board at home, and is thinking about getting a job to get her out of the house.

The thought is something simple like administration or in the hospital taking blood. The reason for doing something in that area is that we have found it a pain to get qualifications attested from the US.

What is the ball field wage out there for this type of work? Does she need to change her residence visa? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks for any help.

Madam Medusa Jan 8th 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Spouse and working

Originally Posted by ddavies73 (Post 7141439)
My wife is getting board at home, and is thinking about getting a job to get her out of the house.

The thought is something simple like administration or in the hospital taking blood. The reason for doing something in that area is that we have found it a pain to get qualifications attested from the US.

What is the ball field wage out there for this type of work? Does she need to change her residence visa? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks for any help.

no issue with the visa, you just have to sign a letter of no objection and her work will sort out the rest...not sure taking blood is something simple though, is it...thought they had to have special qualifications...

MM, xx

Roadking Jan 8th 2009 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7141450)
no issue with the visa, you just have to sign a letter of no objection and her work will sort out the rest...not sure taking blood is something simple though, is it...thought they had to have special qualifications...

MM, xx

Dracula has no qualifications....

But I love the way you sell up your spouses abilities, ddavies, something simple like.... hehehe. Hope the spouse doesn't see that!

Madam Medusa Jan 8th 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7141480)
Dracula has no qualifications....

but then he didn't need to use any tools...

MM, xx

ddavies73 Jan 8th 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks MM for the advice on the visa.

As for the something simple, I didn't mean that she is simple and is limited in her abilities. :ohmy: I just didn't want people asking if she could be employed in an area that required a qualification. ;) :confused:

Actually, in US you do need a phlebotomy qualification, which she does have....... but that is cuz the US is sue happy :eek:

Roadking Jan 8th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by ddavies73 (Post 7141514)
Thanks MM for the advice on the visa.

As for the something simple, I didn't mean that she is simple and is limited in her abilities. :ohmy: I just didn't want people asking if she could be employed in an area that required a qualification. ;) :confused:

Actually, in US you do need a phlebotomy qualification, which she does have....... but that is cuz the US is sue happy :eek:

Hey, it's not us you need to convince....;)

I had a lobotomy twice, does that mean I can take brains in hopsitool?:unsure:

Live for now Jan 8th 2009 3:56 pm

If she gets a job let me know where at so I can avoid the place if ever I need blood taking

Hello.Kitty Jan 8th 2009 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Live for now (Post 7141743)
If she gets a job let me know where at so I can avoid the place if ever I need blood taking

aww, that's nasty! A phlebotomy qualification may be all you need - certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!

By "simple" I imagine you also mean something that you can do your hours and leave, no worry, no overtime... I'd say "childcare" would be another option, but then again... that involves children, and they can be strange.

Roadking Jan 8th 2009 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7142300)
aww, that's nasty! A phlebotomy qualification may be all you need - certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!

By "simple" I imagine you also mean something that you can do your hours and leave, no worry, no overtime... I'd say "childcare" would be another option, but then again... that involves children, and they can be strange.

A phlebotomy; does that involve phlegm?

Oooh nooo, not a job I'd want!

Rapido Jan 9th 2009 2:41 am

certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!
Nurses always know where to find the veins they want :wink_smile: