Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Spouse Work Visa in Dubai ?

Spouse Work Visa in Dubai ?

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Walkebab is on a distinguished road
Default Spouse Work Visa in Dubai ?

Sorry if this is the most asked question, but it's difficult to find a straight answer. I will be working in Dubai, sponsored by my company, and my wife would like to work too. She is a nurse. Is it true that because I will have a visa, that she can automatically work ? Also, am I correct that nurses will easily get work ?

Thanks again !

Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Work Visa in Dubai ?

Cant' answer those, but sounds like being a nurse, could get work easy, but shite pay...as lots come ove from thailand etc so there's no real shortage.

As for visa's, look at the embassy websites, links are posted inthe lifestyle faq's...

welcome to the site btw
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Walkebab
Sorry if this is the most asked question, but it's difficult to find a straight answer. I will be working in Dubai, sponsored by my company, and my wife would like to work too. She is a nurse. Is it true that because I will have a visa, that she can automatically work ? Also, am I correct that nurses will easily get work ?

Thanks again !

Helo Walkebab....... Welcome to the forum.

Well if u will be sponsored by ur company, then ur wife will automatically be sponsored by u. If she gets a job, then I am guessing that she will have the choice of either being sponsored by her company/hospital (which wud be a good idea I suppose) or remaining on ur sponshorship.

U might want to ring up the nearest U.A.E embassy to u (check the FAQ's for the #'s) or u could get in touch with the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD) and c wot they have to say:

http://www.dnrd.ae/dnrd/default.htm

Bob........... wud be a good idea to add this link into the FAQ's aswell.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Walkebab is on a distinguished road

Brilliant - THANKS... this forum is fantastic. Or at least the people are - great to have people willing to help....
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Face81
Helo Walkebab....... Welcome to the forum.

Well if u will be sponsored by ur company, then ur wife will automatically be sponsored by u. If she gets a job, then I am guessing that she will have the choice of either being sponsored by her company/hospital (which wud be a good idea I suppose) or remaining on ur sponshorship.

U might want to ring up the nearest U.A.E embassy to u (check the FAQ's for the #'s) or u could get in touch with the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD) and c wot they have to say:

http://www.dnrd.ae/dnrd/default.htm

Bob........... wud be a good idea to add this link into the FAQ's aswell.
Face,

You continue to amaze me. How on earth do you know all of this information. You seem to be able to answer any question at the drop of a hat.

I know what you are going to say............. its because you are the one and only Oracle. Ha Ha Ha

A huge fountain of knowledge. You deserve a drink on me
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:26 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karenb2
Face,

You continue to amaze me. How on earth do you know all of this information. You seem to be able to answer any question at the drop of a hat.

I know what you are going to say............. its because you are the one and only Oracle. Ha Ha Ha

A huge fountain of knowledge. You deserve a drink on me
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...........

I was born and bred in Dubai. I know all there is to know.......... well atleast I like to think so............. The "Oracle" only stems from the fact that I know ALOT about Dubai. I can answer most questions at the drop of a hat, cant I? lol

Thanks for the drink.......... allow me to buy u one when I get back.

The Oracle has spoken. lol
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:29 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Walkebab
Brilliant - THANKS... this forum is fantastic. Or at least the people are - great to have people willing to help....
any time Walkebab......... thats wot we r here for. I hope that helps u in ur quest to become a resident of Dubai!