Reload this Page >

Spouse sponsorship visa

Spouse sponsorship visa

Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Londoner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse sponsorship visa

Hi all,

My husband is now working in Dubai and I'm going to join him there next month.

He has a visa through his employer but as I'm yet to find a job yet in Dubai, I'm trying to arrange a "spouse sponsorship" visa before I get there.

Does anyone know how much this costs and approx how long this takes to sort out?

Any tips welcome.

Thanks all for your help.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship visa

Originally Posted by Londoner123
Hi all,

My husband is now working in Dubai and I'm going to join him there next month.

He has a visa through his employer but as I'm yet to find a job yet in Dubai, I'm trying to arrange a "spouse sponsorship" visa before I get there.

Does anyone know how much this costs and approx how long this takes to sort out?

Any tips welcome.

Thanks all for your help.
You can't organise it before you get there, but it is a fairly straightforward process. We are AD residents but I shouldn't imagine Dubai is much different.
First of all make sure your marriage certificate is attested by UAE embassy in London.
enter the UAE on a tourist visa.
Go and get your medical.
Go and register for Emirates ID card.
Fill in relevant forms at Immigration Department.
Get visa in your passport.
Leave the country and return (run to Oman, perhaps?)
Residency Visa will now be active.
It took us a week to do it - including waiting for medical results etc.
Costs - id card - 100aed per year (2 years = 200aed, 3 years = 300aed) plus typing fee of 50aed I think
Visa - much the same cost.
Medical - went fasttrack and it cost about 250aed
Old Aug 12th 2014, 9:01 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot do this prior to arrival in the UAE. Your husbands company PRO will sort it all out, business as usual, nothing to worry about.

http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/mont...ubai_9656.aspx

Last edited by mikewot; Aug 12th 2014 at 9:03 am. Reason: Added the FAQ
Old Aug 12th 2014, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikewot
You cannot do this prior to arrival in the UAE. Your husbands company PRO will sort it all out, business as usual, nothing to worry about.

Residency Visa Procedures Dubai
Good point - a company PRO can do everything for you, and will tell you where to go for your medical and id card procedures. However, we find it much quicker to DIY!

You will need to get your marriage certificate attested if it hasn't been already. That is cheaper, easier and quicker to do while you are still in the UK.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks all - very helpful

I got married overseas rather than in uk - so I don't think that the foreign office can attest my marriage certificate ? Anyone else had this issue?
Old Aug 12th 2014, 10:09 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I got married overseas rather than in uk - so I don't think that the foreign office can attest my marriage certificate ? Anyone else had this issue?
Try searching the bored as many people have gotten married in various locations non UK and have asked and had answered.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you need to get it attested by the foreign ministry and UAE embassy in that country.

also make sure you tenancy has been registered with Ejari. Without the Ejari certificate you won't get a visa

also you don't need to leave the country. you can just pay a bit extra
Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies.

I got married in Cyprus which is really far away and I can't easily travel there to get my marriage certificate attested there.

Do you know if it possible to get the certificate attested instead by the Cypriot consulate in London instead?

If this is ok, can I just confirm the order that I need to do things in:

1. Get solicitor to certify a true copy of the marriage certificate

2. take true copy of marriage certificate to cypriot consulate in London to have signature attested

3. then take true copy of marriage certificate to UAE embassy in london

thanks so much all.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Please confirm what ejari means also?

thanks so much
Old Aug 13th 2014, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Please confirm what ejari means also?
Ejari is the name of the system for registering your tenancy contract with the land registry. It is the responsibility of the landlord but (as with many laws in Dubai) it is not enforced. They take the softly softly way of making people register by requiring it for getting a spouse visa. Although the LL should do it often tenants have to do it themselves, costs 195 Dhm.

Whilst on the subject of Ejari/renting go into the sand pit and have a look at the Renting in Dubai FAQs. It is likely to save you some heartache to know the law before you come as often LL/Agents conveniently 'forget'. Also they can not include clauses in your contract which are against the law. For example saying you must move out after a year, that you are responsible for maintenance etc. etc.

http://www.ejari.ae/PublicPages/ejari.aspx

Last edited by mikewot; Aug 13th 2014 at 10:20 am.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Dear all

I've been told by the UAE embassy in London that because we got married in Cyprus, I need to get my marriage certificate attested by the UAE Embassy in Cyprus!!

Madness!

I really dont want to have to make a special trip to Cyprus - and plus I cant find any evidence of a UAE embassy in Cyprus!

Has anyone managed to get around this before?

thanks so much. I'd be eternally grateful for any advice here.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

I've searched the forum board here and can't find any similar conversation threads on this issue.
Any advice would be really appreciated!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:56 am
Just Joined

As I plan to get a full time job in UAE, would I be better off getting a residency visa through my new employer and therefore avoid having to get my marriage certificate attested for the purpose of getting a visa to live in the UAE?

This would mean I enter on a tourist visa initially and once I have a job I would then be sponsored by me employer.

Thanks so much
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

As I plan to get a full time job in UAE, would I be better off getting a residency visa through my new employer and therefore avoid having to get my marriage certificate attested for the purpose of getting a visa to live in the UAE?

This would mean I enter on a tourist visa initially and once I have a job I would then be sponsored by me employer.

Thanks so much
It might take a little time to get a job here - and even more time for the paperwork to go through. In the meantime you can do border runs to renew your tourist visa. I have a friend who got a job in 3 weeks but four months down the line is still waiting for the company to finalise her residency.

Companies dont need to sponsor you if you are on your husband's visa, saving them a heap of cash. All you need is a labour card from them which costs around 800aed per year.

Can you get married again at a registry office before you come out? I know a couple out here who got married again after 25+ years as it was more straightforward than trying to get their certificate attested.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:29 am
Account Closed

I've searched the forum board here and can't find any similar conversation threads on this issue.
Google Attesting a Cypriot Wedding Certificate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.