Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Spouse Sponsorship

Spouse Sponsorship

Old May 9th 2005, 6:52 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse Sponsorship

My husband is already working in Dubai and has been sponsored by his company, his visa allows him to sponsor his family i.e. me!!

For him to sponsor me I need to bring a copy of our wedding certificate out, which isn't a problem, however he has been told that I have to get the wedding certificate stamped and authenticated by both the Foreign Office and the UAE Embassy (in London, as I'm currently still in the UK). I thought I'd just need to arrange a solicitor to stamp the the certificate with "this is a true copy of the original...blah...blah...blah".

Apparently this may take several days for each of these offices to do, which will cock-up my plans to fly out (hopefully) by the end of next week.

Can anyone clarify this as I cannot find any info relating to this on either the UK Foreign Office or UAE Embassy websites.

Cheers

Zannie xx
Old May 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spouse Sponsorship

Originally Posted by Zannie
My husband is already working in Dubai and has been sponsored by his company, his visa allows him to sponsor his family i.e. me!!

For him to sponsor me I need to bring a copy of our wedding certificate out, which isn't a problem, however he has been told that I have to get the wedding certificate stamped and authenticated by both the Foreign Office and the UAE Embassy (in London, as I'm currently still in the UK). I thought I'd just need to arrange a solicitor to stamp the the certificate with "this is a true copy of the original...blah...blah...blah".

Apparently this may take several days for each of these offices to do, which will cock-up my plans to fly out (hopefully) by the end of next week.

Can anyone clarify this as I cannot find any info relating to this on either the UK Foreign Office or UAE Embassy websites.

Cheers

Zannie xx
Did u try ringing up the U.A.E Embassy in London? the authentication part might be a requirement as is the case with most documents issued outside the U.A.E, but I am not confirming that..... ur best bet would be to ring them up or pop into the Embassy in London if u get the chance to.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Feel free to send us PM's or post and more q's on here.

Enjoy the site.
Old May 9th 2005, 7:37 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Face

I'm going to contact them in the morning, but thought I'd put a thread on in the meantime.

Can't wait to get out to Dubai!!

Zannie x
Old May 9th 2005, 7:54 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Zannie xx
My hubby just took my birth and marriage certs with him, didn't have them certified in UK and then you have to do the rounds when you get here with them (in fact his company sorted it out for him) but he still had to go and queue etc at immigration ie british embassy to Uae immigration etc etc.
Old May 9th 2005, 8:03 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Face

I'm going to contact them in the morning, but thought I'd put a thread on in the meantime.

Can't wait to get out to Dubai!!

Zannie x
No probs Zannie..... thats what we are here for.

I hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

I am sure u will love it here.
Old May 10th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the marriage certificate attested here at the British Embassy, then take it around to the immigration department and get another couple of stamps on the attested copy, then use it to get your visa sorted out. Meanwhile, if you have a British Passport you can enter the country on a visit visa so it need not delay your flight out. However, it is a hassle getting it done here and then you have to convert your visit visa to a residency visa, which is another hassle. Having gone through the process in Dubai I woul say get it done in the UK before coming out if possible as you will have plenty of paper chasing to do when you get here anyway. Bring lots of passport photos!
Old May 10th 2005, 2:26 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

OK,

I'm currently doing this as we speak,

Firstly, if you hold a british passport, your marriage certificate does NOT need to be attested in the UK, However, it does need to beattested by both the british embassy here, and also the ministry for foreign affairs, you need more photo's with you than David Bailey's ever taken. Your husband should bring your birth, marriage and passport with him, he then does a blood test (for aids) he then waits a week for someone to stamp his passport, he then goes through the above performance for you (and kids) the whole process, if you're on top of it takes about 4 weeks.

It's a pain, you fill in more forms and stand in more queues than you knew existed.

But the end resut is worth it.

PM me for more info.

Michael

Cheers

Zannie xx