Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship in Saudi? Whats that?

Sponsorship in Saudi? Whats that?

Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:43 am
Just Joined

ironnaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship in Saudi? Whats that?

Howdy fella's.

My wifes had a couple on interviews for work in Saudi and both employers have said they are prepared to sponsor me, as her hubby, to come to saudi.

But what do they mean by sponsor me? Do i have to knock on my neighbours doors asking them to sponsor me whilst i run down the street with an egg on a spoon?

Whats all this sponsorship business??
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:15 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship in Saudi? Whats that?

Typically to work or live in some gulf countries, you need the employer to sponsor you. (i.e. to be accountable for you whilst your in the country)

It is typical for spouses to be covered under the sponsorship.
This basically allows you entry into the country whilst employed.

It used to be the practice for employers to keep hold of your passports whilst you are under there employment, but it is not AS common as it used to be.

Well worth checking if they are going to do this or not.

It would seem you have chosen to go to Saudi contrary to the advice given on the previous thread, so is all i can do is wish you the best of luck and hope you time there passes quickly and without incident.

Kind Regards
JD
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:24 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironnaz
Howdy fella's.

My wifes had a couple on interviews for work in Saudi and both employers have said they are prepared to sponsor me, as her hubby, to come to saudi.

But what do they mean by sponsor me? Do i have to knock on my neighbours doors asking them to sponsor me whilst i run down the street with an egg on a spoon?

Whats all this sponsorship business??
So...are you stupid, or desperate?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:12 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

TA5,

Agree with your sentiment entirely, but it seems the guy has made up his own mind, and regardless of how many well informed, gulf based people tell him, he wants to go.

Is all we can do is answer the questions he posts to help him before and whilst he is there.

I would be very interested in hearing back from this guy after he has spent a year out there... :scared:

JD
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:20 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
TA5,

Agree with your sentiment entirely, but it seems the guy has made up his own mind, and regardless of how many well informed, gulf based people tell him, he wants to go.

Is all we can do is answer the questions he posts to help him before and whilst he is there.

I would be very interested in hearing back from this guy after he has spent a year out there... :scared:

JD

Yeah maybe he knows wot hes doing. I Know someone who used to be one of the princess's personal trainer in Saudi. She made a lot of money and used to live in the Palace quarters. The Princess used to take her everywhere she went including great hols abroad. Maybe his wife will be doing something like that. Hard to resist.

Nice to see men who follow their wives tho..........not the other way around
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:22 pm
Up in the air

Ironnaz, I know you have had people say there is no problem in going there, but please take the time to read this :

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?...=1013618387135

and this:
http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/...sukfs&tab=news

and this:
http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/...sukfs&tab=news

Also bear in mind, there is LOTS of suppression of information.
many things that go on never get reported, or if they do, they are played down.

Rgds
JD