Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring children into AD

Sponsoring children into AD

Old Mar 8th 2014, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Dutie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring children into AD

Hi - I am moving to Abu Dhabi in June and my wife and kids (8 and 6) will follow at the end of August. Does anyone know if I can bring the kids' passports (+attested birth certificates) and obtain their residency permits without them being in the country?

Also, do you know if the kids could start school without residency permits, as long as the process has started? We have already started the process of getting the school places.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sponsoring children into AD

According to the paperwork given to us by my husband's new employer, yes this is possible and is exactly what we are doing. We are in the process of getting our marriage certificate and the birth certificates attested.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutie
Hi - I am moving to Abu Dhabi in June and my wife and kids (8 and 6) will follow at the end of August. Does anyone know if I can bring the kids' passports (+attested birth certificates) and obtain their residency permits without them being in the country?

Also, do you know if the kids could start school without residency permits, as long as the process has started? We have already started the process of getting the school places.

Thanks.
yes you can get the visas for kids under 15 without them being here. emirates id is now connected with visas and over 15s need to go thru the fingerprinting etc and so therefore will need to be country for that section.

yes you can start sch without the need for the visas in the passport etc, all you need is for your employer to write a letter stating that the visas are being processed and that you are their employee etc.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

remember tho that ramadan is in july this year so will slow down the process a lot.