Reload this Page >

Sponsor my girlfriend

Sponsor my girlfriend

Old Jan 21st 2018, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

perlasaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Sponsor my girlfriend

Hello,

I am planning to accept a job in Dubai but I want my girlfriend to come with me and she also has a daughter (12 years old).

Can i sponsor them 2? and can we live together in Dubai even if we are unmarried and the child has not my surname also?

many thanks
Old Jan 21st 2018, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor my girlfriend

Originally Posted by perlasaura
Hello,

I am planning to accept a job in Dubai but I want my girlfriend to come with me and she also has a daughter (12 years old).

Can i sponsor them 2? and can we live together in Dubai even if we are unmarried and the child has not my surname also?

many thanks
Not a rat's chance in hell, I'm afraid. You need to marry her, and have the father approve of the kid leaving the country.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Change "girlfriend" to "wife" - while she still is in the UK, not Dubai - then, yes! You can sponsor her and live together.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just getting married.

Can you pay the child's school fees? Fees for secondary at a halfway decent to good British school will range from 65,000 to 100,000 AED. Per year.

Some jobs come with school fees as part of the package but you'd have to be properly married and the child properly sponsored. But most jobs these days do not.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i do wonder how people apply for jobs in other countries without even knowing the basic tenets of the country they are applying for, let alone accepting a position.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
It's not just getting married.

Can you pay the child's school fees? Fees for secondary at a halfway decent to good British school will range from 65,000 to 100,000 AED. Per year.

Some jobs come with school fees as part of the package but you'd have to be properly married and the child properly sponsored. But most jobs these days do not.
OP - Also keep in mind, in addition to the point above, that not only are you not able to sponsor your girlfriend for residence - but legally she cannot even visit you. Girlfriend coming out for the week to visit you, and staying at your place, is illegal in the UAE.

Whether or not you get caught is another matter, and this is a topic frequently debated in this forum, but all it would take is one person (and it could be anyone) to file a complaint and you could lose your job and get deported over it.

I am not saying this to put you off coming, if you want to come and it's a good opportunity, come, but know that many boyfriend-girlfriend relationships do not survive one of the involved accepting Middle Eastern employment.

I encourage you to consider your relationship status very carefully in respects to employment, thoroughly familiarise yourself with local customs and mores - you are not coming to a relaxed, European-style Mediterranean city - and then consider if this life change fits your personal plans.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
OP - Also keep in mind, in addition to the point above, that not only are you not able to sponsor your girlfriend for residence - but legally she cannot even visit you. Girlfriend coming out for the week to visit you, and staying at your place, is illegal in the UAE.

Whether or not you get caught is another matter, and this is a topic frequently debated in this forum, but all it would take is one person (and it could be anyone) to file a complaint and you could lose your job and get deported over it.

I am not saying this to put you off coming, if you want to come and it's a good opportunity, come, but know that many boyfriend-girlfriend relationships do not survive one of the involved accepting Middle Eastern employment.

I encourage you to consider your relationship status very carefully in respects to employment, thoroughly familiarise yourself with local customs and mores - you are not coming to a relaxed, European-style Mediterranean city - and then consider if this life change fits your personal plans.
Indeed. But over in the real world that never happens.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, sort of not quite true(ish). It does happen. Like how being hit by lightning does happen.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:24 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
i do wonder how people apply for jobs in other countries without even knowing the basic tenets of the country they are applying for, let alone accepting a position.

Me for one
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:26 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Happened to a mate's cousin's ex-girlfriend's friend last year. Though in fairness having a shag in the back of the taxi was probably stretching the tolerance boundaries.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Well, sort of not quite true(ish). It does happen. Like how being hit by lightning does happen.
Yeah. I knew of a couple dozen cases. That's not a lot, but enough to say it can happen. The risk level depends on a lot of variables - some controllable, some not.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Happened to a mate's cousin's ex-girlfriend's friend last year. Though in fairness having a shag in the back of the taxi was probably stretching the tolerance boundaries.
One thing I’ve never understood. If I was a cab driver and that happened, I angle the mirror and take the long way.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:32 am
Knee deep and rising

One thing I’ve never understood. If I was a cab driver and that happened, I angle the mirror and take the long way.
Depending on the position adopted, he might have had a rear-view mirror full of hairy man ass.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Depending on the position adopted, he might have had a rear-view mirror full of hairy man ass.
Good point. Straight to the police station and don’t pass go.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 2:13 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

That may well be the preferred angle for a not insignificant number of cab drivers...

You sheltered middle class straight people and your assumptions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.