British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   SPL football games in Abu Dhabi? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/spl-football-games-abu-dhabi-554061/)

Bairn Aug 8th 2008 4:06 pm

SPL football games in Abu Dhabi?

Hi just registered on here seems like a nice place :D

Just done a quick search on this but couldnt find anything, was wondering if there is anywhere that will be showing the Falkirk v Rangers game tomorrow? (Is shown on Setanta in the UK)

Have been here almost 2 weeks and have barely set foot outside hotel when I'm not working so don't have a clue where to go!

Thanks if you can help!

Blue Cat Aug 8th 2008 4:28 pm

Re: SPL football games in Abu Dhabi?

hiya and welcome, you should have joined sooner the AD lot had a night out last night! I am pretty sure karlos and co will take you under their wings :) as for football I aint got a clue. Showsports? :)

benzonar Aug 8th 2008 5:34 pm

I think the only joy you will have is to try and watch it online.

PTME Aug 9th 2008 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Bairn (Post 6659417)

Just done a quick search on this but couldnt find anything, was wondering if there is anywhere that will be showing the Falkirk v Rangers game tomorrow? (Is shown on Setanta in the UK)

Have been here almost 2 weeks and have barely set foot outside hotel when I'm not working so don't have a clue where to go!

Thanks if you can help!

Check if your hotel offers the ART Sports channels....should be on one of them.

Bairn Aug 9th 2008 9:21 am

Looks like I've got Art Sports 1 & 2 so fingers crossed

Will just have to get the beers from the mini bar!

Thanks for your help!

Cabbage Aug 9th 2008 11:37 am

I know NRG at Le Meridien was advertising SPL games when we were in last night. Might be worth a try if you can't get it in your hotel room?

Sofa No.2 Aug 9th 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks if you can help!

The SPL is utter sh*te. That is a given. Only deluded OF numpties with more money than sense would want to pay a Mickey Mouse provider such as Celtanta to show them abbreviated highlights with commentary by a semi-literate Weegie retard.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

P.S. For English lurkers, no-one expects you to be able to decipher this pish. :p:rofl:

HoosierDaddy Apr 20th 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks if you can help!

Bairn - Are you the fellow on the 'OneFinFalkirk' message board who is going over for the SC Semi?