Speed Cameras

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

draggingfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Cameras

Anyone have any ideas about these speed cameras on the dubai roads and the Abu Dhabi highways?? I drive everyday and usually cruise at 130kph and have no problems. I have seen them flash other cars but have no idea if they are set at higher speeds than the set 120kph speed limit.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:55 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Speed Cameras

Any idea how accurate your speedomoter is?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

dubai is different to abu dhabi, in ad you can usually go 20kph over the stated speed limit, but you can go at 160 on the main ad/dxb highway only on the ad section, but when you reach channel st then it drops down to the usual 120 so you need to know exactly on which section of road it is, the road signs still say 120kph.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

give Bison a shout, I'm sure he knows where every speed camera is in the Emirates...

although he never gets tickets because the police enjoy his racing
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by draggingfoot
Anyone have any ideas about these speed cameras on the dubai roads and the Abu Dhabi highways?? I drive everyday and usually cruise at 130kph and have no problems. I have seen them flash other cars but have no idea if they are set at higher speeds than the set 120kph speed limit.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you were to read other threads on the same subject, you might get somewhere.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i can tell you where they are all in ab dabs! even 'mobile bob'!