British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   South African Iqama holder travelling to Bahrain via causeway? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/south-african-iqama-holder-travelling-bahrain-via-causeway-921842/)

nonthaburi Feb 7th 2019 3:24 am

South African Iqama holder travelling to Bahrain via causeway?

Any issues?

In the government's website it says that SAs can't obtain visa on arrival,, and have to obtain a visa in advance, but at the same time the e-visa for GCC residents is not valid for the causeway.

I'm confused, I always thought any Iqama holder can go to Bahrain via the causeway no matter what.

Anyone know any SAs? What did they do before?

nottmbantam Feb 7th 2019 6:57 am

Re: South African Iqama holder travelling to Bahrain via causeway?

Always wise to check in advance of travel. I always thought it depended on one's nationality - not iqama - as passport will have to be presented at the Causeway anyway as you cross over.

One comparative - drove to UAE from KSA a couple of years back. UAE had just introduced the e-visa for certain nationalities, so there were lots of Indian / Pakistani folk at the land border with their pre-arranged tourist visa's for UAE. All of these were coming from KSA. As Brits, we got visa on arrival, so no need for e-visa. Same priniciple may apply for SA nationality going over into Bahrain?

nonthaburi Feb 7th 2019 7:41 am

Well I rung up the embassy in Riyadh this morning, and amazingly actually got to speak to someone. He said that at the causeway it's fine, so I guess that's it.

nottmbantam Feb 7th 2019 8:25 am

Enjoy the weekend!

Millhouse Feb 7th 2019 2:43 pm

My word - I've just realised that you two are different posters. Unless, of course it is one person with some serious issues.

nonthaburi Feb 7th 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12633807)
My word - I've just realised that you two are different posters. Unless, of course it is one person with some serious issues.

I think different names and avatars was the clue there.

nottmbantam Feb 12th 2019 11:07 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12633832)
I think different names and avatars was the clue there.

Shit. Never realised.....

scot47 Feb 15th 2019 2:50 pm

The man who drove my taxi (Indian) had problems in getting in and out of Bahrain on the causeway from Saudi.