Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Your rental company can provide you with appropriate additional insurance for 24 hours. There is a generally a small fee and you'll need to call in to the office to collect the papers.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Your rental company can provide you with appropriate additional insurance for 24 hours. There is a generally a small fee and you'll need to call in to the office to collect the papers.
We have just done the Oman border run from Al Ain using a rental car. We paid the rental company Dhs400 for a letter which said we could take the card into Oman but if it broke down we would be soley responsible forhaving it towed back to UAE. We exited at the Border Post by the Intercon and it cost us Dhs40 for 2 and a half hour wait at a tin shed in 46 degree heat. Once at the Oman border it cost us 12OmanirRial and another 30 minute wait but no problems. On the way back you just fly thru the Oman border but took 1 hour to get back into UAE. The Insurance Company had put the wrong dates on our insurance letter which cost us Dhs400 and so we had to convince the cockey young Emiratis that it was a mistake. Eventually we got thru OK. If there is a next time we will fly to Doha.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:18 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by larnie
We have just done the Oman border run from Al Ain using a rental car. We paid the rental company Dhs400 for a letter which said we could take the card into Oman but if it broke down we would be soley responsible forhaving it towed back to UAE. We exited at the Border Post by the Intercon and it cost us Dhs40 for 2 and a half hour wait at a tin shed in 46 degree heat. Once at the Oman border it cost us 12OmanirRial and another 30 minute wait but no problems. On the way back you just fly thru the Oman border but took 1 hour to get back into UAE. The Insurance Company had put the wrong dates on our insurance letter which cost us Dhs400 and so we had to convince the cockey young Emiratis that it was a mistake. Eventually we got thru OK. If there is a next time we will fly to Doha.
or.. wear your best plunge bra..
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
or.. wear your best plunge bra..
dont think I'd get away with that one !!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
dont think I'd get away with that one !!
Oh.. you never know..
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.. you never know..
will remember that when i go to get my new visa in my passport! dont know if i'll pay to get it put in or do a visa run. would probably fly though!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:58 pm

will remember that when i go to get my new visa in my passport! dont know if i'll pay to get it put in or do a visa run. would probably fly though!
Its always good to have three options..
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:03 am
Account Closed

This is our second border run. If it is your first you have to go to the DRND and pay 550Dhs to have it extended for 30 days then subsequent runs can be done.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:05 am

This is our second border run. If it is your first you have to go to the DRND and pay 550Dhs to have it extended for 30 days then subsequent runs can be done.
When did that happen?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:07 am
Account Closed

When did that happen?
We rang the RDND when our first Vis was due to run out and that was what we were told. This was end of July. As we are in Al Ain it meant driving to Dubai staying the night and then queuing with all the overtsayered at th DRND. Actually it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:19 am

We rang the RDND when our first Vis was due to run out and that was what we were told. This was end of July. As we are in Al Ain it meant driving to Dubai staying the night and then queuing with all the overtsayered at th DRND. Actually it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.
We came here 2 yrs ago and my son was doing the visa runs all that time.. he went back to the UK last month, so maybe the rules changed in the past month...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its not a border run as such! will be getting my new work visa as I changed companies. my new company is just in the process of obtaining it for me. just need to either pay to have it entered in passport or do a border run. then I can get my new residence permit sorted.