Reload this Page >

Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Scozz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Hi guys,

I've searched for the specifics of the Oman visa run on the forum but could do with some more help of you knowledgable folks...

I need to pop over there within the next 7 days to renew my 60 day visit visa, got everything in place but just been in contact with my car rental company who told me that they won't/can't insure the car to go to Oman. Does this mean i can't use the car at all to go? I have heard that you can buy insurance at the border? Can i just take the car, buy insurance at the border, turn around and come back?

Any help off you guys would be reatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:04 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, Oman visa run again....

Originally Posted by Scozz
Hi guys,

I've searched for the specifics of the Oman visa run on the forum but could do with some more help of you knowledgable folks...

I need to pop over there within the next 7 days to renew my 60 day visit visa, got everything in place but just been in contact with my car rental company who told me that they won't/can't insure the car to go to Oman. Does this mean i can't use the car at all to go? I have heard that you can buy insurance at the border? Can i just take the car, buy insurance at the border, turn around and come back?

Any help off you guys would be reatly appreciated, thanks.
If it's a hire car, check you have Omani uinsurance, and it's an amani visa yoyu get at the border AED30 I think, Little Jim diod this a few months ago...

LJ???
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, it is an Omani visa you get (apparently) and it is also a hire car i've got with UAE insurance only. I've heard of other people having the problem with insurance in oman but they just bought thier insurance at the border. I just really need clarification on this. Got a friend who's done it a few times, but he's currently unavailable for the next week or so in South Africa, typical.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it is an Omani visa you get (apparently) and it is also a hire car i've got with UAE insurance only. I've heard of other people having the problem with insurance in oman but they just bought thier insurance at the border. I just really need clarification on this. Got a friend who's done it a few times, but he's currently unavailable for the next week or so in South Africa, typical.
can you not find someone to take you who has insurance??
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:11 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be better off checking with your hire company, they should sort it quickly
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can you not find someone to take you who has insurance??
I agree, that would be ideal, but unfortunately, I don't know a great lot of people out here at the moment. and the few people that i do know are in the UK for the week.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, that would be ideal, but unfortunately, I don't know a great lot of people out here at the moment. and the few people that i do know are in the UK for the week.
drive up there and then hang around until you find someone in the same position as you and bung a lift!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MJC
You'd be better off checking with your hire company, they should sort it quickly
just been in contact with my car rental company who told me that they won't/can't insure the car to go to Oman.

drive up there and then hang around until you find someone in the same position as you and bung a lift!
Haha, knowing my luck I'd be waiting there long enough for my visa to run out..
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:18 pm
Concierge

doubt it, loads of people are doing visa runs. It's that or off the airport!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:19 pm
Concierge

and the visit visa is normally for 58 days not 60 unless things have changed. If it says valid for 2 months they are arab months, which are 28 days.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

and the visit visa is normally for 58 days not 60 unless things have changed. If it says valid for 2 months they are arab months, which are 28 days.
Thanks for the warning but it specifically states "valid 60 days from date of arrival"
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:21 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hang on 2x28=58??

Which school did you go to?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Thanks for the warning but it specifically states "valid 60 days from date of arrival"
must have changed things as I got done for it years back when it said valid for 2 months on arrival.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MJC
hang on 2x28=58??

Which school did you go to?
sorry!!! Whitburn Comprehensive
fact
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:23 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sorry!!! Whitburn Comprehensive
fact
Shiney Row Comprehensive.

Bet you lived in Cleadon too.

Posh bird!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.