Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Some Ideas on Where to Live in Dubai Please

Some Ideas on Where to Live in Dubai Please

Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

GB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really nice
Default Some Ideas on Where to Live in Dubai Please

Hi,
British guy looking to relocate for work.

I'm looking for some advise on apartments to rent in Dubai, have done searches on web real estate agents, web sites are not much cop from what I've found so far, so if you have any links to good estate agents ,most appreciated.

Looking at a one bedroom apartment (prefered) or studio
Budget is 10K AED per month
Will this get me a furnished place????

Any ideas of locations that are decent, when I lived in Far East usually located around or nearby expat areas. I know the costs do increase for those areas, but dont want to live in the sticks as they say if i will have to travel to meet up in the town for a beer or meal with mates.

Any assistance or advise will be greatfully recieved.

GB
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Ideas on Where to Live in Dubai Please

depends on where you will be working...traffic can be a bit of a nightmare...
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

GB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really nice

Work shall be around the Media city and the Arabian Canal

Dont mind some travel due to traffic, have lived in Taipei, China, KL and BKK before so traffic jams are no real issues but if there are areas near the above that are good fire away....

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

TECOM area in Al Barsah, 110k for a 1 bed, unfurnished. If you are here just drive round, all the buildings have numbers on the side of them.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Londoner1 is an unknown quantity at this point

GB21, houses can be pretty expensive in Dubai, but with a budget of 10K AED a month you should find property quite easily. If you are working in the Media city, the closest areas are Al-Barsha, The Greens, Jumeriah Beach Towers, etc. Dubailand District is not far away too.

Try Better Homes (bhomes.com) for suitable properties within those areas i've mentioned. For 120K AED you will get a nice 2-bed or 1-bed apartment.

A word of advice: Make sure you go to Dubai first before depositing the rent money. The company you are working for should pay for your accomodation for the first month or so untill you get a suitable accomodation. Otherwise, the estate agents have a tendency to rip off westerners.

p.s What is the average salary for a journalist joining that Arabian news channel and what other bonuses are included in your salary?
I am thinking of joining Al-Arabiyya in the Media City too.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Londoner1
GB21, houses can be pretty expensive in Dubai, but with a budget of 10K AED a month you should find property quite easily. If you are working in the Media city, the closest areas are Al-Barsha, The Greens, Jumeriah Beach Towers, etc. Dubailand District is not far away too. Try Better Homes (bhomes.com) for suitable properties within those areas i've mentioned. For 120K AED you will get a nice 2-bed or 1-bed apartment.
With all due respect, you will NOT find a "nice 2-bed" apartment for 120K in those areas. Don't forget you will probably have to pay one year's rent upfront in the form of 2-3 cheques.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Understand normal stance in one cheque to cover rent. Would be happy with one bedroom apartment with parking and pool perhaps a gym???
So any estate agents details you can provide would be good.
Not the best budget, but Ive had worse in Asia
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GB2180
Understand normal stance in one cheque to cover rent. Would be happy with one bedroom apartment with parking and pool perhaps a gym???
So any estate agents details you can provide would be good.
Not the best budget, but Ive had worse in Asia
a one bed in the building I am in is 120 k, there is a pool and a gym, and alot of construction. PM me for more information.