Reload this Page >

Some advice please

Some advice please

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

mumtofive is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Some advice please

Hi,
My hubby is due to start a job in Riyadh in April. He has signed his contract and had his medical a few days ago, however he emailed the firm to tell them that he cannot find his btec certificate,to which they have said that he will not be allowed into Saudi without it. The college he went to has been knocked down and we are talking about 25years ago that he went to college. Is there any other way that anybody knows of that he can get into Saudi?We seem to hit one stumbling block after another at the moment.
Many Thanks
Angex
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice please

Originally Posted by mumtofive
Hi,
My hubby is due to start a job in Riyadh in April. He has signed his contract and had his medical a few days ago, however he emailed the firm to tell them that he cannot find his btec certificate,to which they have said that he will not be allowed into Saudi without it. The college he went to has been knocked down and we are talking about 25years ago that he went to college. Is there any other way that anybody knows of that he can get into Saudi?We seem to hit one stumbling block after another at the moment.
Many Thanks
Angex
If he can remember the name of the college, the Dept of Education (or whatever it's called this week) may be able to help. There is a database, set up some while back in an attempt to thwart "fake educational qualifications" bullshitters, which can be referenced.

Also - when his college was closed, where were current students transferred to? If there was a similar college (e.g. in a nearby town) they may have exam records which were transferred as well.

Failing that, contact the actual governing body that sets the exams (or used to) in his particular subject.

Good luck.

PS - in my experience here (dating back to 1992), it will not be an obstacle if they REALLY want him....... treat that as a last resort though.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:52 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point

Try contacting Edexcel who run BTEC.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/about/contact/

This is their website which lists contact details and telephone numbers, explain to them the situation. I am sure there is a way.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

mumtofive is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying-I hope it can be sorted too.