British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   solve my issue please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/solve-my-issue-please-692011/)

ragha_sath Nov 3rd 2010 4:52 am

solve my issue please

hello every one ,my problem is that i want to travel to saudi arabia. my wife working there. recently i tested with (hep b+) but i am healthy only. if my wife want to call me in family visa i have to go for medical test they will reject me to enter in to country. my friends said all visa to saudi arabia need medical examination. can any one help me from this problem by saying how can i enter in to country without medical test atleast for one month. which visa i have to take. please give your suggestions as early as possible:(:(:(:(

Blue Cat Nov 3rd 2010 8:08 am

Re: solve my issue please

it's a no can do situation if you ask me, unless tourists don't have to have their blood tested?

Norm_uk Nov 3rd 2010 8:18 am

Yup there's not a lot you can do really. The GCC practices medical apartheid - even for working professionals who are treated and take steps to limit contagion they don't care and buy into the whole Hep/HIV stigma thing in a big way.

N.

ragha_sath Nov 3rd 2010 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8958686)
it's a no can do situation if you ask me, unless tourists don't have to have their blood tested?

friends please give me exact information, my friend said all visa for saudhi required medical test. there is no tourist visa for saudi arabia. if any correct information with you please give me. :(:(

Norm_uk Nov 3rd 2010 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ragha_sath (Post 8958728)
friends please give me exact information, my friend said all visa for saudhi required medical test. there is no tourist visa for saudi arabia. if any correct information with you please give me. :(:(

Can't you call the Saudi Embassy or Consulate in your country and find out directly from them?

Or do a google search and find their website which will have the exact requirements for visa applications...

N.

Blue Cat Nov 3rd 2010 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ragha_sath (Post 8958728)

they do promote tourism, God only knows why

http://www.sauditourism.com.sa/en/

coffindodger Nov 3rd 2010 10:32 am

Or maybe try to obtain a HAJJ Visa.
It is that time of year.

Lorna at Vicenza Nov 3rd 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8958706)
Yup there's not a lot you can do really. The GCC practices medical apartheid - even for working professionals who are treated and take steps to limit contagion they don't care and buy into the whole Hep/HIV stigma thing in a big way.

N.

My Italian partner is in Saudi Arabia as we speak (third time in as many months) and he didn't have any medicals or blood tests.

coffindodger Nov 3rd 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 8958973)
My Italian partner is in Saudi Arabia as we speak (third time in as many months) and he didn't have any medicals or blood tests.

Depending on what type of visa he entered the sand pit on !!!
Business visa perhaps. ???

Lorna at Vicenza Nov 3rd 2010 10:50 am

Probably - he's definitely there for work and not through choice.

I'd better make sure there is plenty of wine and beer in the fridge for when he returns.

coffindodger Nov 3rd 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 8958991)
Probably - he's definitely there for work and not through choice.

I'd better make sure there is plenty of wine and beer in the fridge for when he returns.

Would you like to share some of your very nice wine and beer.

Mind you!!! me oft to an embassy social evening tonite, some nice jazz music.

lionheart Nov 3rd 2010 11:33 am

Why not do what many westerners do and meet up for a long weekend in Bahrain?

Lorna at Vicenza Nov 3rd 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8959016)
Would you like to share some of your very nice wine and beer.

Mind you!!! me oft to an embassy social evening tonite, some nice jazz music.

Come on over.

Enjoy yourself at the Embassy

Bijilo123 Nov 3rd 2010 6:55 pm

Actually not that difficult. Get a friend of hers to take the test in your wifes name - pref one who does not have any medical conditions.

You need to work out why she has got Hepatitis too!

Millsyisland Nov 4th 2010 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 (Post 8959875)
Actually not that difficult. Get a friend of hers to take the test in your wifes name - pref one who does not have any medical conditions.

You need to work out why she has got Hepatitis too!

I think it's him that has hepatitis, not his wife - presumably she doesn't have it.

Anyway, would whoever takes the test not have to prove their identity with a passport or some other form of photo identification?